New ship inspired by Anna's innards ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Preacher
Captain
Captain

New ship inspired by Anna's innards ship

Post by Preacher »

Although this is nothing like Anna's ship i came up with the idea when i saw it not sure about the colour anything else crap about it?

sorry i can't believe i wrote ray gun meant rail gun.
Attachments
TTW-7 Detroyer <br />a heavily armed ship using powerful beam technology and a new rail gun. the TTW-7 tough armor plating but there are weak spots where weapons have been mounted to counter this the ship is fast fot its size to avoid capital ships heavy weaponry.
TTW-7 Detroyer
a heavily armed ship using powerful beam technology and a new rail gun. the TTW-7 tough armor plating but there are weak spots where weapons have been mounted to counter this the ship is fast fot its size to avoid capital ships heavy weaponry.
SMscreen031.png (81.56 KiB) Viewed 4320 times

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: New ship inspired by Anna's innards ship

Post by Imaillusion »

You need to use different shades of orange for the wings, to give the wings more depth. It also looks like some of the sections are misaligned. Finally, the two thrusters look a bit out of place, or look too small, or something :?

Apart from that, its a good start for a ship
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

this any better?
Attachments
SMscreen032.png
SMscreen032.png (81.38 KiB) Viewed 4216 times

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

You're on the right track, but the diferent shades you're using at the moment contrast a bit too much. You could probaly lighten the sections you'vre just darkened a bit, and also tone down the light grey as well
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Those exhaust sprites could use some Additive Blending. Also, one of the Syn_sec11-sw (the one I attached a pic of) on each side isn't lined up straight with its partner. If that's intentional then disregard that comment. From what I can see of the innards, they're a jumbled mess.

Honestly I just don't like the ship. The engines appeared tacked on, and something about the two big squarish pieces of it bothers me. Before you try emulating Anna's building style, you should learn how to build good looking ships first.
Attachments
sectionunaligned.png
sectionunaligned.png (22.49 KiB) Viewed 4164 times
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

AidanAdv wrote: Before you try emulating Anna's building style,
i would like to make this very clear i am in no way trying to emulate Anna's style, i was simply inspired by the idea and wanted to give Anna credit for that, however i agree with alot of the criticism here and will post an improved version of this ship shortly.

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i basically completely redid the whole ship and came up with this. There is also a smaller version which can be found i my other post.
Attachments
new and improved!
new and improved!

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

And now it is too dark.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i fear my monitor brightness may be set differently as the dark blue on that ship is just before navy blue however i will correct this.

Altahir
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Altahir »

On my opinion this looks better than the dark version, you can try to change the colors on a scale of celestial blue, I guess that that will look great, but you can try colors such as yellow (dark, otherwise it will be a eye burner) or light brown, etc.