newb alert want advise for ship :)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: newb alert want advise for ship :)

Post by unitedblah »

Haha, yeah. What do you think of the rest of the ship? And what about the carrier? In my opinion, the carrier is worse (bad colour scheme), but i really don't know how to improve it...
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

grey isn't really a colour scheme so yeah but i like the general shape and dislike the sticky out thing which i presume is some sort of rotating satellite dish, but the rest of it i think is good. the second ship is the worse for me personally, i think the sprite pack you've used suits the blockier shape of the ships

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

Well, following your advise, i got rid of the rotating thing that sticks out on the carrier, and just cloned another one of my sections already on the ship and put it on top. I really don't know what i can do about the other one though... I'm going to start on building some other ships, since ive now got Horsemonster's realistic pack to work with ;)

EDIT: Heres a picture of the carrier now:
Attachments
SMscreen02.JPG
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Perhaps you could turn the parenting line off by pressing p.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

Ok, ive made another ship. I used some of the sprites from vidboi's ships for the weapons. Any comments and criticism?

P.S. Thanks for telling me how to turn off parenting lines cheesyerwin.
Attachments
The Leviathan Cruiser. I thought i might make something a little bigger (and stronger) after making the light carrier and corvette.
The Leviathan Cruiser. I thought i might make something a little bigger (and stronger) after making the light carrier and corvette.
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

Awww... no comments :( Anyway, i just made some fighters and bombers for my light carrier. I just based them off Droid's interceptor fighters (i think).
Attachments
From left to right: Interceptor Fighter,  Anti-Ship Bomber, Strategic Bomber (shoots a nuke)
From left to right: Interceptor Fighter, Anti-Ship Bomber, Strategic Bomber (shoots a nuke)
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i will be brutally honest and i know there has already been a discussion about phallic ships but that cruiser is a penis lol .however its well made, but it needs colour though.

i really like the fighters you could make a proper ship using their shapes they are well done more colour though please.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

ahh... i knew the sexual part of my ships would soon be discussed... i just knew it... lol.

ok, i'll probably add more colour to the penis cruiser probably just like what i did with the carrier.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Basically all your ships use the same shade of grey, and it is used throughout the entire ship. Try altering the shades of grey between groups of sections, so it has more depth and tone, and so they look more realistic
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

Um, hate to be a newb, but how do you change the shades?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

its the only way everyone has to start somewhere, just use a lighter or darker custom colour, its in the define custom colours bit :)

unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

Ok thanks, im gonna make the changes to those ships as soon as possible. Or maybe, as soon as i could stop myself from playing shellcore command XD I just found that game while browsing the forum lol.
unitedblah
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by unitedblah »

Ok, apart from changing the shades a little, i also added the darkish green colour to all my ships, like what i did with the light carrier. (i might make a fleet out of it). I also made an assault carrier, just for fun.
Attachments
The leviathan class cruiser.
The leviathan class cruiser.
This is the assault carrier. Take note that i added in the green in teh middle of the ship like what i did with the light carrier
This is the assault carrier. Take note that i added in the green in teh middle of the ship like what i did with the light carrier
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i think the green in the centre is just a big block of green and should be broken up with some grey, i also think that both ships look flat in the middle but other than that, i like! much improved from your previous designs.

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

you should move the turrets further apart, they look too close together (they're also a little large)
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...