The cold war

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zeron
Captain
Captain

The cold war

Post by Zeron »

This will be the place to post/repost any actions your empires take: such as this example:

The terren fleet was ammassed around the single planet, and finally given it's orders: spread out and defend the swedish strip.

So go ahead, post away!

In strange and sudden news, the NTO has suddenly canceled all available commercial shipyards within its borders military orders, and has begun building more civilian craft, like not so long ago.

Border nations around it ae quickly being annexed politically, yet kept under their original rulers.It would appear that they have suddenly, just switched back to being completly economic, with the exeption of the huge preexisting fleets and blockades.They have even dropped the price of terren alloy down to 2 credits a ton, proving they are definatly loosening their stance.
Fade-in,fade-out
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Umm... what?
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

A bit too informal. In regards to this Cold War I'm going to write up the Aralonian backstory and et cetera.

Ugh, too many writing projects. First school, then Exodus of Hearts, then this, and recently 1942? This sucks x_x
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I don't get it? Who started this? What is this?! WAAAAH
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Ah I get it.

It's sort of like submitting news stories to the forum.

I think.

Normandy Empire Annexes Czechoslovakia [in the] Federation! War Declared!

Yesterday, Normandy Empire forces landed on Earth and immediately took control of Czechoslovakia, as well as occupying the rest of the habitable earth and Canada*. Tensions had been building between the Federation and the Normandy Empire, but no one had ever expected it to end up like this.

*Who made that quote? Cookie to who gets it.

EDIT:

Or, he means from universe wars. In that case I'm blank.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Zeron
Captain
Captain

Post by Zeron »

Normandy wrote:Ah I get it.

It's sort of like submitting news stories to the forum.

I think.

Normandy Empire Annexes Czechoslovakia [in the] Federation! War Declared!

Yesterday, Normandy Empire forces landed on Earth and immediately took control of Czechoslovakia, as well as occupying the rest of the habitable earth and Canada*. Tensions had been building between the Federation and the Normandy Empire, but no one had ever expected it to end up like this.

*Who made that quote? Cookie to who gets it.

EDIT:

Or, he means from universe wars. In that case I'm blank.

No, not that, this is about thecold war that mainly arlonia and lizzie are
having, not just news stories.

EDIT:
-at could this mean? stay tuned! Also, today, trading vessels began passing over NTO borders to trae with surrounding nations once again. only a few empires have not decided if they will continue trade with the NTO, icluding Aralonia and the IVL.

Speculaters are still pointing out the fact that the borders are stilll extremly defended, and that they would not just build up defenses without reason In other news, three scouting groups were lost toda-
Last edited by Zeron on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fade-in,fade-out
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Yes, that thread in the general discussion. Didn't really make that connection...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I WANNA COOKIE!!!

Devil's Abridged =D
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

You can keep this as reports for your nationstate. I'll keep mine in another thread.

writewritewrite
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I'm debating on wither I need my own thread for IVL news reports or not.
Bah.

As of 11:35AM Standard galactic time, IVL leader, Empress Elizabeth Brewster the 4th has declared that the IVL has officially cut trade lines with the NTO due to their recent military moves and the previous price raise in Titanium. However the former was dropped just as of today, the IVL still will cut all ties with the NTO. Thanks to the recent military gain from the Novus Paradigm, the world of "Hells kitchen" shall provide us with all the materials we shall need.

Also to be announced is even further advances in military power for our great imperial navy. The Empress has announced that the Alpha Battlegroup shall be upgrading with the latest 3rd Generation weaponry and systems. This new step in the galactic arms race will help keep the IVL as a powerful competitor. Rejoice citizens! For thou art protected well within IVL borders.

And in further news: Tensions with the Aralonians are on the rise. Though Empress Elizabeth shall be visiting the leader of the Aralonians aboard their capital ship, the Samuel Hood.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I would appreciate it greatly if any sort of trades between Aralonia and other star nations were kept to a minimum in this canon. Aralonia controls several star systems and their worlds - Aralonia herself, Tarina, Varona, Saris, and Bera - and is able to sustain itself without much outside interference.

This means, of course, if there were any sort of economic opportunities for Aralonia to undermine the economies of other nations, it would do so with as much gusto as possible by flooding markets :P
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Well, my background story is a bit messed up. It took a U-turn when I moved from a star-wars galaxy background to one based in the Milky Way, to fit in with everyone else's.

Anyway, kind of goes like this.

In the year 2130. the continuing stresses between the rise of the New Soviet Confederacy and the Europa Administrata led to the formation of several islolated powers, and as the amount of habitable fringe world discoveries increased (Partly due to the massive investment in survey fleets by the NTO, resulting in cutbacks of military expenditure), new colonial systems were formed seperated from the main NTO sector.

After the loss of the British Isles on Old Terra due to the rapid expansion of NSC ground forces and the AI contruct known as 'Vladimir', the Grand Commonwealth of Her Majesty's star Systems (GCHMS) and the Royal Navarchial Service (RNS) came out of corporate-owned administration after 30 years of national liquiditation, to occupy several fribge-worlds and recover control of the vital 'Abbey chain', connecting the heart world of New Charon to these new systems, along with the various merchant stations positioned along its ten light year length.

So far, the GCHMS has expanded without relative threat or hinderance. The huge amount of compensation recieved from New Terran Order after the Gigasoft corporation ended the forced adminstration of Her Majesty's Government helped the Commonwealth to stay afloat in the rapidly detereoating Galactic Trade Markets, becoming unphased by the recent fluctuations in titanium values.

In addition, the exploration if the spatial anomaly KU-021 has revealed the potential ally Kuat Drive Yards, whom, although pledging the support of the fearsome KDY ships to the RNS, continue to block any information of the origin and location of the system, or galaxy, they reside in.

But with the relations of the numerous superpowers falling, a cataclysmic cold war looms. Her Majesty the Queen Sapientia II and Supreme Prime Minister Ælfweard of New Mercia jointly declared the new investment into 'phase 9' starships, capable of sustaining combat with the warships of the new militarized powers.

My hand aches, and the 'p' in powers looks funny...
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

And in other news, The Kingdom of Midgard have joined in this cold war. They have unveiled a new ship, the Seax Class Frigate (pic below), claiming that it can go one on one against any other frigate, and that if it can't it will be improved upon.

More info: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=676
Last edited by Mjolnir on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

Normandy wrote:Normandy Empire Annexes Czechoslovakia [in the] Federation! War Declared!
[OT]
Why you little... *proceeds to strangle*
WERE THE CZECH REPUBLIC AND SLOVAKIA REPUBLIC NOW! FOR LIKE 17 YEARS NOW! Ugh!
:roll: Im done now.
[OT/]
Crazykenny
Captain
Captain

Post by Crazykenny »

At 13:50 local time the Strigon team entered Lizzie's system and captured one of her Outposts. As of know Estovakia declared war uppon Lizzie.
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/thedrofevil/BOS4copy.png[/img]