The Arcanity Conglomerate

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Those are Kinetic Cannons. Not flaks. Remember that this was built using Meta1 rules ergo PD is a rarity. But you'll also notice that KC's have a range of 1000, and on a battleship short ranges aren't evidently. Now, the cumulative firepower of those weapons is impressive. Between those two facts, the most effective placement for these weapons is somewhere at the front, huddled in a bank. Given that they're placed on an intricatly constructed piece of armour, I'd say they're reasonably safe. Plus, they're indeed secondary weapons.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Roger. Just wondering about that.

EDIT: Could you place a download link for those ships?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Once they're completely finished, yes. As I said, I'm just crossing some I's and dotting some T's.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

ArcaneDude wrote:Once they're completely finished, yes. As I said, I'm just crossing some I's and dotting some T's.
So what is the progress of this fleet so far? (As in what still needs work and what is done.)
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

nice ships. just for fun i decided to download your 3G pack and test some of them. the only real match was between the Silver Strike and my Tesla-Class Destroyer. though i didn't design it using metagame rules and it was a bit disadvantaged (the SS had more health and over twice the number of weapons) it eventually came out narrowly victorius, mainly due to a lucky sabot shot on the SS's thruster disabling it. the only problem i'd say with the 3G ships is the number of HV missiles, they just seem too powerful, but i don't know if you've changed that now. other than that i like them a lot
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Fatrat: Largely complete. I guess I'm ready to post a DL, I'm just checking a few things now.

@Vidboi: keep in mind 3G ships weren't built to be balanced. They were built to be as powerful as possible given the regulations.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bump

Download is up, enjoy. I'm going to use a different set of weapons for the next batches of ships, so I'm sort of breaking away from the metagame. I'll still be using the balance system, but with different weapons.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

@ArcaneDude: Nice thanks for the dl. But I'm missing some sprites And i had a problem loading the Golden Tempest. So if you can post a link to where i can fined the sprites or post a dl for them i would appreciate it.

(List of missing sprites.)
Custom sprites\AD_Weapons\AD_AHELC02.png
Custom sprites\Arc_turrets\CE-Twin-Single.png
Custom sprites\Arc_turrets\CE-Twin-Top2.png
Custom sprites\AD_Weapons\AD_AHETwinlaser.png
Custom sprites\AD_Weapons\AD_AHELC01.png
Custom sprites\AD_Weapons\PlasmaCannon.png

And i get this weird error message(s) when trying to load the Golden Tempest.

"ERROR in
action number 1
of End Step Event
for object ctr_Turrets:

Error in code at line 4:
dir = rs_offsetdir + rs_owner.image_angle - rs_owner.l_angle

at position 32: Unknown variable image_angle

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object Autocannon:

Error in code at line 45:
if dc_group != -1 && l_owner.dc_controlled then

at position 23: Unknown variable l_owner

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object ctr_Turrets:

Error in code at line 48:
else if (dc_group != -1 && l_owner.dc_controlled) then

at position 29: Unknown variable l_owner

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object TacNukeCannon:

Error in code at line 45:
if dc_group != -1 && l_owner.dc_controlled then

at position 23: Unknown variable l_owner

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object ThrusterEx:

Error in code at line 1:
image_angle = rs_owner.image_angle-rs_owner.l_angle + l_special6

at position 24: Unknown variable image_angle."

Just thought i would bring this to your attention. Any help you can give would be very appreciated.
Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Post by Nabaco »

Looks like you are missing some sprites and are doing something in direct control...
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

Nabaco wrote:Looks like you are missing some sprites and are doing something in direct control...
Well can you help or not?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

first make sure you export all image when you goto save it, this can be found in one of the top menu bar things. I can't remember what it was though, its been ages since ive really sat down and played with SM for a few hours.

second the other
ones on there are from mirroring depthed weapons i think.
go and undepth them all and delete each half individually and re mirror, then depth
its something wierd that a coder, or the language, has fucked up.
but easy to fix. don't hit M if you have depthed weapons, just clone them and place them by hand.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Sorry, I did forget a few sprites. I'll upload them as soon as I'm at home. The problem with the Golden Tempest I'll look into as well.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

ArcaneDude wrote:Sorry, I did forget a few sprites. I'll upload them as soon as I'm at home. The problem with the Golden Tempest I'll look into as well.
Thank you. :P
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

http://www.mediafire.com/?wzd4iwjhtdw

These should be all the missing sprites. There's a bunch more in the folder, but most of those aren't centered properly. The problem with the Golden Tempest will be dealt with in the next DL.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

ArcaneDude wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?wzd4iwjhtdw

These should be all the missing sprites. There's a bunch more in the folder, but most of those aren't centered properly. The problem with the Golden Tempest will be dealt with in the next DL.
Thanks a lot for the help. :)