Totally confused how I make SHIP SUMMARY

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

maestro4202
Ensign
Ensign

Totally confused how I make SHIP SUMMARY

Post by maestro4202 »

When I click "M.Ship Summary", it says "File shipinfo.txt does not exist, create it?" But for some reason, the admin permissions did not allow me to edit anything in /Battleships Forever/ So.. I managed to allow permissions but I'm still clueless on what shipinfo.txt is and how it is supposed to provide ship summaries for every ship.

Can someone please tell me how the text documents are supposed to work as ship summaries? I couldn't find any explanation of how they are created.
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Hey, welcome to the forums man. Now for your question, when you build a ship, any information about the ship including sprite total, speed, acceleration, etc. will be on that page. Weapon and module information and stats will be there. This is not for putting in a note or back-story about your ship, but it is mainly used to easily access important information about each ship for other purposes. I hope that clears it up, if not pm me and I'll send you some examples. Read all the rules, don't do something stupid, and you'll get by around here. looking forward to your first ships. Good luck :wink:
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
maestro4202
Ensign
Ensign

Post by maestro4202 »

Thanks for the reply. So I am just wondering the ships in the game have the backstory info you refer to when you highlight them. I am just wondering how do you create the back story for your ships. Could you list the steps? I'm addicted to the ship designer but it's frustrating I can't figure out how to make the story/summary for when you highlight a ship because I don't know the steps.

The back story when you click a ship is a very creative aspect of creating the ships and I would be very surprised if you can't make them.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

What you want is the "Set Description" field, but I should warn you that not many people actually read the sidebar info. If you want people to actually read what you've written, it's best to post it up on the forums here along with the ship.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
maestro4202
Ensign
Ensign

Post by maestro4202 »

Ok, thanks again for the info I'll give that a try. I just want to know how to do every aspect of the ship creation.