~Archalieus Shipyards~ - Rusty

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Very Epic, the glows along the front do, at first glance, look strange, but looking closely you can see where the all come from and it does look awesome. Great job on this, as usual.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Functionality bump.

Gaffin Standard Frigate

And for the rest of you who still haven't gotten the reference in the Kayoth...

It's roughly based off the Gran Centurio (1:28, 2:55), from Yggdra Union.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Good work as usual but not quite feeling this one. I think the flatness of the back kinda ruins it.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Wow, I like the shape and section work on this ship. Looks really functional.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Some of the outer sections are too dark, particularly at the front. It's like those orange glows aren't connected to anything

The rest of the ship is fine
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Apologies for the wait!

Added sprites in yellow.

Colored.

Grab it here!
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Life happens.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

Hello. LactoseTolerant it would be much appreciated if you could post a link to all the sprites you used to make these ships. I downloaded (Some i think i downloaded all of the sprites but i am not sure.) the sprites you posted but for some reason i get an error message saying that i am missing x sprites.

And i am new to BSF (as in i got the game two nights ago.) and i do not really know the ups and downs of the game as of yet. So some help would be nice. Thanks.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

fatrat600284 wrote:Hello. LactoseTolerant it would be much appreciated if you could post a link to all the sprites you used to make these ships. I downloaded (Some i think i downloaded all of the sprites but i am not sure.) the sprites you posted but for some reason i get an error message saying that i am missing x sprites.

And i am new to BSF (as in i got the game two nights ago.) and i do not really know the ups and downs of the game as of yet. So some help would be nice. Thanks.
Ah, thanks for reminding me about that.

The sprites are included already in the DL, except the folder is named "Gaffin". Simply copy and paste all the contents inside and past it to your Custom sprites folder.

I'll repackage the DL for convenience.

Life happens.
fatrat600284
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by fatrat600284 »

LactoseTolerant wrote:
fatrat600284 wrote:Hello. LactoseTolerant it would be much appreciated if you could post a link to all the sprites you used to make these ships. I downloaded (Some i think i downloaded all of the sprites but i am not sure.) the sprites you posted but for some reason i get an error message saying that i am missing x sprites.

Ah, thanks for reminding me about that.

The sprites are included already in the DL, except the folder is named "Gaffin". Simply copy and paste all the contents inside and past it to your Custom sprites folder.

I'll repackage the DL for convenience.
Thanks!
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Ship necro!

Mid-WIP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life happens.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Lots of thrusters sticking out at odd angles from the main body, and the wings don't seem complete even though you are adding the glows which suggests the ship is near completion.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

The central line of the ship is okay, but the wings, rear and even front to a lesser degree, are the definition of cluttered.
If you were going for a scrap style, like the Orcs of Warhammer 40k, then you would have succeeded, but with your normal style, I think this ship is termed fail.
If you stripped off the wings, and extra side thrusters, and the outermost pointy things on the front you would be left with a really nice base to build off of. As It is though, I can't see it looking complete, or aesthetically pleasing.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Water_and_Wind wrote:Lots of thrusters sticking out at odd angles from the main body, and the wings don't seem complete even though you are adding the glows which suggests the ship is near completion.
They were originally supposed to be Eri-style fuel rods, but then I added glows... can't remember why I did that.
Silverware wrote:The central line of the ship is okay, but the wings, rear and even front to a lesser degree, are the definition of cluttered.
If you were going for a scrap style, like the Orcs of Warhammer 40k, then you would have succeeded, but with your normal style, I think this ship is termed fail.
If you stripped off the wings, and extra side thrusters, and the outermost pointy things on the front you would be left with a really nice base to build off of. As It is though, I can't see it looking complete, or aesthetically pleasing.
I wasn't originally aiming for a "scrappy" style, it was more of an experiment to try to build aesthetically pleasing arms, which I often have trouble with. Looks like it didn't work :| .

This is the stripped version, most likely (as Silverware said), i'll be working off of this to get a new shape.

Life happens.
evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by evildude »

mabye if you turn the arms/cannons/engines things on the sides (whatever they are) they could make nice outer engines
[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=evildude]don't click this link...OR ELSE!!!......[/url]
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

At the moment, the only advice I can give you is to fill up the front and back sections, they lack... something.

That area in the mid-back area looks like a hatch of some sort. I keep having this vision of a bunch of small ships being launched out of it.