Ship,parts,ideas

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ship,parts,ideas

Post by crvenimajmun »

This is my topic and i will post new ships when i make them

here one:

please critics
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Ok, you have to stop using fake aegis or whatever that is because it actually hurts my eyes because it's so bright.
Your section usage is rather messy near the front. It is very cluttered. Part of the reason is because you're only using generic sections. They tend to become very cluttered when used in big chunks. The overall shape is also not too appealing right now. A little tweaking would help this aspect a lot though. Try shrinking the front's width.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The faux aegis needs tweaking, but it isn't as bad as 2500st says.

Your section usage is indeed iffy, to say the least. You seem to have tried blending different section styles; poorly. I'd recommend focusing on something smaller and getting the hang of basic aesthetic techniques before moving on to bigger ships. Poke around the forums and try to get a sense of what works better and keep trying.
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

OK then i need practice but here another one

[http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... g&newest=1]

tell me where i made mistke with parts and how to improve my ships[/img]
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

tjis is i made today

[http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... reen08.png]

is this better? :D
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Hmm the shapes are generally ok but the aegis is still too bright. Look up subtle in the dictionary. Biggest complaint and easiest fix for your ships so far is the stretching. PLEASE don't stretch like that, at first i thought it was just one or two but unless im looking at them wrong most are distorted in at least one direction. If you can't cover the space you need to without stretching, scale the whole design down. Thats my advise anyway. Take more time for each ship to make it actually look good and you will be happier with them.
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

Well all critics are good but what about this

[http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... g&newest=1] :) [/img]
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

When i making ships i looking what parts go together and working on the move
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

ok i use random ship generator and black is the shape that generator made and i made with red ship shape :D

[http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... shape1.jpg][/img]
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Few things I want to say:

First, try not to post a lot of stuff over a short period of time. Make one post, then edit everything else into that single post

Second, the section you are using are very gerneric, try and use differnt types of sections and make your ships look less... bland.

Third, instead of giving us a link to your ships, just put the actual pics in your posts. That way we don't have to constantly link ourselves to another site to see your ships

apart from that, keep up the good work (or okay work, at the moment)
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

My new ship

now its armed

armarment:

2x vulcan cannon
2x Missile rack
2x double heavy cannon
2x mega blasters (front)
2x plasma torpedo launcher (front in the wings)

i make a test and ship need more weapons

and i do it 3 times more weapons and a some shading

Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Well the newest is starting to actually look decent, but whats up with that gap along the whole centerline? The ones before that still suffer from all the same problems with the aegis glow, but at least this new one is showing some thought and effort. Work on your layering and not leaving random gaps.
crvenimajmun
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crvenimajmun »

i need help with colors which colors go together and which not

and yes can someone give link for good sections
need some help with sections making
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

crvenimajmun wrote:i need help with colors which colors go together and which not
Nobody can really help you there, colour depends on the style that a ship builder likes to use, and I don't know what style you like. Just pick different colours, and see which ones you find pleasing to look at, and work with your style
crvenimajmun wrote:and yes can someone give link for good sections
need some help with sections making
Go to the "custom contents" page and look for the sections you would like to use. As for making sections, same problem as the colours, we can't really help you with the style you want to make. As for actually making sprites, there are some guides for making them

Okay, onto the ships...
I think one of your problems is that you tend to use the same parts for one section, and then the same parts for another section. Try not to do that, use different sections together, so you make interesting and unique designs and details
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

crvenimajmun wrote:i need help with colors which colors go together and which not
Color wheel is your friend!

Any singular color works. However, when choosing two colors, it is highly adviseable to pick two colors adjacent to each other on the color wheel. Complementary colors may work well if done in stock and done well, but for SWA sprites, it hardly ever goes well. Just stick to one color and turn the saturation down.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.