Feedback on ship maker

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

quququ1
Ensign
Ensign

Feedback on ship maker

Post by quququ1 »

Hi, first post. But I'd like to give some comments about the ship maker.

First of all I understand the game is still in public beta, but I find the ship maker increasing frustrating.

First of all, why can I only undo once? I mess up somewhere and I only get to undo once?

Second of all,what's with all this linking stuff, I don't entirely understand about this feature, when you delete things, sometimes it deletes a large groups of objects that you did not select, what does deleting one object has to do with other objects?

I see some people can rotate objects, however I did not find this feature, please make it easily accessable by either right click drop box or menu box.

I understand some of the features can not be made due to game maker's limited possibilities, also on the creator's lack of experience, but I'd like to thank the creator for creating such a great game and a great community. Please try to fix some of these features as I believe they are some serious problems to the ship maker. I also understand it could be my own lack of understanding of the ship maker, I apologize if I do upset some of the veterans as I am inexperienced.

I greatly appeciate feedbacks.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Undo: Engine limitations.

Linking: That's called parenting. It's designed so things are destroyed semi-realistically and interestingly, rather than having stupid floaty bits. If you've got stupid floaty bits, you're doing it wrong.

Rotating: READ THE FUCKING MANUAL. Also, use the J and L keys.
quququ1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by quququ1 »

Interestingly is not a word, other than that I'll see to your information on the game and try again.

Edit: My bad, I didnt know *interestingly* is an actual word, other than that, good day to you :)
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

You also might want to read all the stickies on each of the subforums too :P .

Edit: "real" > "read" :oops: .
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Arcalane wrote:Undo: Engine limitations.
Of course i need to chime in, because this is wrong and i have a burning need to correct it. The current undo system cannot be expended due to engine limitations, but this does not mean a new undo system couldnt be written - its just too much work to be worth it.

Otherwise, next time please read up before you deem something an 'issue'.
quququ1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by quququ1 »

Kaelis wrote:
Of course i need to chime in, because this is wrong and i have a burning need to correct it. The current undo system cannot be expended due to engine limitations, but this does not mean a new undo system couldnt be written - its just too much work to be worth it.

Otherwise, next time please read up before you deem something an 'issue'.
Don't honestly have the time to search up a bunch of problems.

Sticky a thread called *A bunch of problems we don't bother explaining* next time.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

quququ1 wrote:Don't honestly have the time to search up a bunch of problems.

Sticky a thread called *A bunch of problems we don't bother explaining* next time.
We don't bother explaining them for a good reason - theres manual for that. Oh, and guess what - the manual has its own stickied thread, too!

If you refuse to even read the (short) manual, it would be unfair to expect help from us, don't you think?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Kaelis wrote:
In any case, it doesn't really matter what the problem is if nobody can be fucked to do anything about it.