The Den

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bentusi wrote:I think if you go up the speed of the animation and adds more fire will look much better :wink:
Animation speed in your browser != animation speed in game.

Fact: all animation speeds are halved in game. Remember this when everything ought to run at 30 frames per second.

That said, the new one is much nicer. I'd recommend, as per the inspirational thread, cutting the barrels out and making several different ones, and using the main body of the turret as a turret section. It;

1) Allows you to use any weapon you want in that space. Beam, bolt, kinetic, whatever. Just change the gun sprite and stats, and you're away.
2) Avoids weirdness with shots not appear from the end of the gun barrels, which is quite possible with any of the twin guns.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I'm attempting to speed up animations, but for some reason even though the gif maker sets it at 1 fps (which looks great), it saves at 5 (which is too slow).
any suggestions and/or better gif makers I could use?
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

I'm not sure you're doing it right. 1 FPS = 1 Frame per Second. 5FPS = 5 Frames per Second. 5 FPS is faster than 1 FPS.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

sorry typing it wrong, meaning the time in 100ths of a second; my bad.
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I use the GIMP for making gifs and such, but it's probably a bit unwieldy if you haven't used it before.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

Alright I've got a gif maker that works, but now the image hosting sites are slowing the guns as well.
Any solutions to this? I've tried over six different hosters and always the same problem arises.

I've got some new stuff I'd like to post (including big cannons as turret parts) so if anyone could explain to me any form of solutions it'd be greatly appreciated.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Even photobucket slows them down? Well don't worry too much about that because I've heard arcalane say several times its different in game anyway. Long as it looks right when you test it, which I'm assuming you have...