From the guy who put the A to the Symmetry - update 8/July

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

You've made some pretty sound use of my sections which is impressive considering that they aren't even in the same style as most of the other sections you've used.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Brilliant. A visible improvement, too! I love the way you use Gnr2 sections. And construction shots are a cherry on the top.

This goes to show that its fully possible to make interesting 'generic terran' ships.
HorseMonster wrote:You've made some pretty sound use of my sections which is impressive considering that they aren't even in the same style as most of the other sections you've used.
Agreed.

Your sections are indeed different, as they have more depth/deimension and detail. But vVhorpax here shows us that there is no problem with combining them with 'regular' sections. And theyre perfect for ship innards and areas that are not plated. In fact i wish they didnt get entirely covered.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Kaelis wrote: In fact i wish they didnt get entirely covered.
Thanks for the praise, I was thinking about not covering everything, but as a warship it didn´t work for me. Non-frontlineships will sport more innards.

The next one will be a Rocket Destroyer ( I dislike the word "MISS"le ), but I´m still searching for a nice sprite to inspire me and working on a antenna-megapack, I´m busy elsewhere.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Next ship in progress.

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Whoa man. The color choice isn't very good. It's a bit too colorful.
Otherwise it's pretty much perfect.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

25000st wrote:Whoa man. The color choice isn't very good. It's a bit too colorful.
Chances are most of those funny colored sections are going to be covered up later, just like on the other ships.
I love this way of going at building a ship, it gives a feel of really having been manufactured at a factory and not just drawn by a designer.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Chiiro wrote:
25000st wrote:Whoa man. The color choice isn't very good. It's a bit too colorful.
Chances are most of those funny colored sections are going to be covered up later, just like on the other ships.
I love this way of going at building a ship, it gives a feel of really having been manufactured at a factory and not just drawn by a designer.
Exactly, reading this thread might suggest this. This shipbuilding style also gives some interesting battledamage.

Nearly finished Rocket Cruiser - Fargo Class

Finished Fargo Class:

First of its kind set to duty in the 3rd federal armada indicated through its green colour and a new approach to the new developed Missile technology, this ship sports no kind of massdriver weapons like the rest of the fleet. It´s developed as long range support without flak defences. A possible refit with some kind of defence or repair abillity is the next agenda item of the Talurian senat.

Armament:

Heavy Missile array "Thor"

Medium Missile turrets "Loki"

Targeting Laser "Haimdall"
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

vVhorpax wrote:
Chiiro wrote:
Yes, the truth, I love the way in construction of these beautiful craft, and I'm sure that will be very realistic combat, because by destroying the Hull, you can see the bowels of the ship. Great Work!
I was banned for bandodging.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Interesting adaptations of the turrets. I like the odd/even/odd/etc. setup on the heavy missile array too.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Arcalane wrote:Interesting adaptations of the turrets. I like the odd/even/odd/etc. setup on the heavy missile array too.
Reminds me of the missile arrays from MW4. Also, solid, realistic and well-executed ships out there.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

After a long debate the senate has given green light for the first battleship class for the Talurian Navy.

The first build phase shows a spinal weapon of massive proportions.

Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The struts are rather spindly, and it seems to be lacking detail in at least a few sections. Otherwise it looks great.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

Kiltric wrote:The struts are rather spindly, and it seems to be lacking detail in at least a few sections. Otherwise it looks great.
I will still pretend people are reading the thread before posting.

Thanks for your input on the struts, but they will be covered, reinforced in given time, when I´m sure of the final resting places for my holy machines.
Also the guts of my ships are pure bonus, for 75% of the causual player basis they won´t even notice them if the blast my ships apart with their Ohhhh-my-god-pawn-ubar-laz0rs-of-doom-and-hell +3

When you think it´s lacking detail in at least a few section, please point them out - did I mention I hate vage C&C? I love and want C&C but please be focused.

Don´t take it personal but a oneliner like this is like the yellowpress to me, read and next stop the dumpster.

Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I apologize for my brevity; I was merely trying to be concise.
What I meant by my commentary on detail was that the ship in general was a bit lacking detail, and that adding some in a few sections, any few sections, would be an improvement.

With that said, your most recent additions have obviated my previous comments.

Suffice to say, I like it and anticipate more.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Again, if you'd paid more attention, you'd realize he does all of his stuff like this. I think it's a pretty neat touch.

I have to say I like the effect you have going there with the pod on the starboard side, it looks like a giant stubby gatling or something. The full thing should be quite interesting to see...