ideas for new NUD (first eva post here^^)

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

ideas for new NUD (first eva post here^^)

Post by Imaillusion »

hi pplz
As my fisrt post, ima first start by sayin that that NUD is probs the best TD game i remmember playin. Now since its still is its early stages, and after playin it 4 several hours, i figured id sugest some new ideas on this game. New NUD's, new map designs, new types of enermies, yak yak yak, w/e.

Now if, 4 any reason, i offend anyone, annoy the staff here, break a rule, or w/e, i appogise in advance. Thing is, in dun noe anyone here, dunno what ther staff r lik, dun even noe if there r rules here. fk, by might be doin sumthin wrong just by postin-_-

but i suppose that my problem, if if nobody says anything, then its all good^^

okies so the new ideas on the NUDS are... (scoll down or up teh thread, i dunno -_-)
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

We all (at least, most of us) are civilized people, and proper grammar is important. This isn't some chat room. You do have time to form coherent sentences and have proper grammar. Please edit your post to reflect this.

Or how 'bout this:
Your grmmr is b4d. Dun noe 1 here that want b4d grmmr. W/e. Plz fix it. That'd b great.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Hey, guess what that big thing at the top of the forum index says:

HALL OF MOTHERFUCKING RULES, BITCH!

Good grief.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

First new NUD...
Special NUD that increases the stats of an entire group of NUDs, where the number of NUD's connected in a group affects the stat increase. U would first build a base NUD sumwhere that is connected, directly of indirectly, with the group of NUD's. then you choose the stat u want to increase, by upgrading that base NUD. And then every NUD that can be traced to that NUD gets their stats increased.

An example...

You have a group of 9 NUDS in a 3x3 area. You delete the NUD in the middle and build the stat NUD there. You fiugre that u need all the NUD's in that group to have more dmg, so u choose the dmg NUD. Now in terms of stat increases, i rekcon u should make it a percentage increase, or an alsolute increase, w/e works. so as a result, all the connected NUD's dmg get increased by 9% (when incudin the stat increase NUD).

Edit-when i said alsolute increase, rather than giving those 9 NUDs a 9% dmg increase, they get a 9+ dmg increase

Now obviously the smart gamers would exploit this NUD and make a massive group of NUDs (the whole point of it), so some ways to balance it would be to...

-Make both the base NUD and its upgrads uber expensive, and mabe put a limit on how many u can have.
-Make a condition that u have to hav built every type of NUD beforehand
-Building on the last idea, make it that u hav to upgrad every different NUD to their highest level, before u can build the stat NUD
-make that u can't have 2 stat NUDs connected together
-some other ideas which ive foggotten -_-

So thats it. New NUD right there^^

Edit on the last post-
(1) when ur english isnt's ur secound lanugauge, you would figure that ur
english wouldn't be that good
(2) i partly used google translator on the post, and.... well google translator is pretty crap
(3) i had actually been kind enough to APOILGISE in advance if i did anything wrong, unlike most pplz, would by now would be giving you pplz a load of crap right now
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Second possible NUD type...

Post by Imaillusion »

Since im not bothering to give my NUDs proper names, ill just call this NUD the Death NUD. It is basically a long-range tower (because there aren't any proper long-range towers in exsistance yet) with high dmg and low fire rate. And when i say high dmg i mean, like 400-500 dmg, maybe even higher. And it'll have good critical dmg ratio as well.

Now this NUD will be diiferent from he other NUDs, in that it will lower the stats of surrounding NUDs, rather than increase them. The reason for this is that it'll deter pplz from massing them in one huge group, where lots of NUDs + high dmg = imbalanced game. If they do get built next to another NUD, they still get the stat bonus from that NUD.

In terms of cost, it should probs be also quite expensive, due to the high dmg and range it has

Now for an example...
Your playin the scoreline map. You're felling pretty good about yourself, because you have made a decent maze and the NUDs you've placed are holding off the creeps pretty well. You've upgraded all the current NUDs to their maximum levels, but there are those spaces on the outer areas which are not connected with the main field,and have nothing on them. You have quite a bit of cash laying around, and want to fill those spaces. What to do with it...

Enter the death towers

Since they reduce each indiviual stat of all the NUDs around them by 25% (it can be anything, i'm just making it up as i go), you decide to place them so there is 1 space between them, thereby maximising the amount of death towers you can build, while not getting their own stats lowered. After a while u decide that they need some more dmg, so you build mono NUDs in between them. The mono's will become worse, but hey, at least the death towers get more dmg, and therefore pwn more harder
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

The grammar became better in the later post. Great to see someone that bothers to improve.

There are no proper long range nuds, as you said. That issue is about to be fixed in the next version, as stated by th15 in the NUDNUDNUD thread:
th15 wrote:-New NUD type: OrbNUD, these nuds fire an energy ball that explodes on contact, damaging all nearby invaders. The size of the explosion starts off small, but grows as the orb passes over NUDs. Therefore you need to place OrbNUDs at the back of your formation.
As of your "base NUD" idea, I would prefer that all nuds had an attack ability of some kind. This is my personal opinion, but I've never liked "just boost and nothing else"-towers. Those tend to become "must have"-towers in later stages, and a part of NUD's awesomeness comes from the balance of different NUD attacks and bonuses. You can build a NUD so it has maximum capability to attack, but you could also build it so that it gave the maximum benefit for others. I dislike the idea of making a NUD that is only good for the other.

The "death NUD" idea is actually pretty interesting. With careful balancing that might be another good long-range NUD.
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

First off, I would also like to state that I'm not a fan of "special towers" in tower defence games, like the base NUD you suggest. They just come off as gimmicky in my opinion.

As for these death towers, I completely hate the idea. The idea of a NUD decreasing stats goes completely against the grain of what this game is all about. The reason NUDs boost the stats of adjacent NUDs is so that the player must put some forethought into how to place their NUDs in a way that will get the most out of them.

Also, 400-500 damage? thats way too overpowered, even for a slow firing NUD. Even a fully upgraded Lancer doesn't do half as much damage as that. To balance out that kind of firepower, it would either have to be prohibitively expensive, or fire so slowly that it would make it impractical.

Sorry to be so brutal with my criticisms, but thats just where I stand with these ideas.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

1. To be perfectly honest I should be thankful that people have even bothered to reply to my ideas, because it obviously shows that pplz care about what other people think (god its hard to get appreciated these days)

2.Those two new NUDs are just ideas, anyone can say anything about them, and as a result people will generally always have different opinions about them. That means that some people could be saluting my level of creativity, while other people will make it their lifelong goal to make sure my ideas never bear fruit. If you like my ideas, i'd feel more happy. If you don't like my ideas, and you make sure you that you let me know that you don't like my ideas, very aggressively, i'll just do what I do best, and pretend that you're not even alive (it's rather blunt, but effective)

3.I don't often find fourms anymore that encourage people to to use proper spelling and grammar, these days people are too lazy. I'll try to spell check everything from now on

Edit: Also, if you dislike my ideas, but your being nice and giving constructive criticisim, not a destructive load of angry flame... well then thats my problem. I'm obviously not thinking with your standards, and it really can't be helped
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

Imaillusion wrote:To be perfectly honest I should be thankful that people have even bothered to reply to my ideas, because it obviously shows that pplz care about what other people think (god its hard to get appreciated these days)
Well, at least you haven't made the n00bish mistake of taking criticisms personally.
Imaillusion wrote:Those two new NUDs are just ideas, anyone can say anything about them
Noboby's knocking you for having ideas, by all means, share them with us.
Imaillusion wrote:while other people will make it their lifelong goal to make sure my ideas never bear fruit.
I hope you're not referring to me. It was never my intention to discourage you.
Imaillusion wrote:If you don't like my ideas, and you make sure you that you let me know that you don't like my ideas, very aggressively, i'll just do what I do best, and pretend that you're not even alive (it's rather blunt, but effective)
Again, I hope you're not referring to me. I've never seen myself as an aggresive person, and I'm sorry if my post came out that way.

But that said, if someone does leave an aggresive criticism, one of the worst things you can do is ignore them. If anything, that makes you seem ignorant in their eyes, and will only make them even more angry. The best thing you can do is acknowledge their opinion, maybe even counter it with your own opinion (as long as its valid, and is not itself inflammatory).
Imaillusion wrote:I don't often find fourms anymore that encourage people to to use proper spelling and grammar
Then we must frequent very different circles, since all the forums I go to insist that all members use a decent level of spelling and grammer.