Kaelis' Section Factory

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

They're definitively good, but like Verm says, detail is needed.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Personally I like this style. Its more like the base style than normal SW and so it makes people think more about section placement rather than detail placement which is what the normal SW does.

These sections can form ships of incredible detail, built rather than with sections but with either good placement, or doodads. I would recommend to those who dislike these to try getting a detail doodad set, just simple lines and curves, and place them on top of these where YOU believe the detail should be.

It lets us be more unique in our ships than before, and we already have near unlimited customization abilities.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Hows this, better?
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

4th from left on the top looks alot like that one mecha section just shortened. Also bottom far left = awesome thruster, and top second from left could use a little more refining. And bottom 4th from left looks like it was abruptly cut off. . . other than that awesome pack.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Yummy. :D That's far better. Actually, that's really great.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

They're lookin' good. I have one suggestion though: try to use slightly less white. It doesn't much change the sections individually, but it may give a ship with these a cluttered impression. This is what happened with your Generic_02 batch as well.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

That's because people mesh them together with no regard for shading at all.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

ArcaneDude wrote:They're lookin' good. I have one suggestion though: try to use slightly less white. It doesn't much change the sections individually, but it may give a ship with these a cluttered impression. This is what happened with your Generic_02 batch as well.
I assume you mean the brightest shade.

Your suggestion goes exactly against the previous comments and the purpose of this refinement - more depth/contrast. Apart from detail, i added a new shade into the mix; the one that is currently the darkest. If i remove the brightest shade, itll be back to 'lacks contrast'.

Plus id rather not make them darker, as you can always do that via changing section color in shipmaker, but theres no way make them brighter.

Yes, its probably more clutter, but the 'less clutter' version was supposedly too flat, so...

As for Gnr2, im happy how they turned out and how they look on ships if used properly (ie. sparingly)
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Perhaps, to reduce clutter, should Kaelis make some slightly larger pieces, so that the user may have such things as SW-armor pieces? I'm not saying completely bland, but rather, having fewer markings and detail lines or those that do not stand out as much, so ships can have somewhat of a breathing space in some parts.

But then again, this is just suggestion. Out of this world already, are your creations, really.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Thats pretty much what Gnr2 is, at least in theory.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

MECHA-SHIPWRIGHT PACK 2
http://blaise-studio.com/kaelis/bsf/Kae_mch-sw.rar
Put them into Kae_mch-sw directory.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

OH YESSSSSS... :D :D :D

This makes BF all the BEEFIER. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Unless I'm horribly, horribly mistaken, the first mecha pack was "Kae_mechasw", and yet these new ones are numbered as if they're meant to go in the same folder.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Arcalane wrote:Unless I'm horribly, horribly mistaken, the first mecha pack was "Kae_mechasw", and yet these new ones are numbered as if they're meant to go in the same folder.
I was confused about this too. Are they meant to go in different folders, or has Kaelis gotten terribly confused with his filing...?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I simply changed the naming for this pack, since 'Kae_mechasw' is too long.