BH's Random Collection of Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The new rear is a definite improvement. I agree that directionality is a bit unclear. I think it would help if you distinguished the engine glows (I'm assuming the rearmost are engines) from the others.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Okay I removed the glows from the "wings" to help distinguish the back from the front. Any better?

Also a new ship.

It's kind of meh... Made it out of boredom.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Removing the glows definitely helped. I think the main problem is a lacking sense of function in the ship. It's very pretty, but it doesn't really convey what it does.
Either reflecting purpose in what is already there or possibly adding a transformation of some degree would help (and it just occurred to me that those panel-like sections are begging for a transformation).

The new ship is good, perfectly fine in its own right. Although, the dark grey sections in the rear, on the exterior of the ship seem a bit out of place; probably because the rest of such sections near the front are all interior.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I took AidanAdv's advice and decided to build a fleet based off the carrier's design.

Here is the lastest ship I made based off the design.

It's a battleship class, not armed yet, and still putting the finishing touches on it. Any thoughts?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

It's good in its own right, but it seems rather like a rehash of the earlier one rather than a different part of that same fleet. I think it would benefit from a more distinguished appearance.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

The previous ship like that looked more like a coherent ship. This new one looks like two separate ships that had their rear ends squished together. And the general shaping and style is far too similar to the old one - try expanding on the style a bit and see where it takes you.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Not a big fan of the middle section, the rest is great though. It's nice to see someone pull off this sort of repetition well.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I spruced the battleship up a bit, making it a tad beefier. It also features a re-done core.

Also here is a new random ship.

The Adjudicator

Decided to give this one a name. :)
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

That new random ship is pretty awesome. It may look even better if you emphasized the depth a bit more.
The carrier is also pretty sweet.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

The Battleship sprucing is fantastic, now it looks like a distinguished class in the fleet, and a little bit scary too.

The Adjudicator is also quite good. It's not exceptional, but it's a ship I'm jealous of the skill necessary to make all the same.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Made a new ship based off the design of the Adjudicator.

The Leechmonger

Also gave the Adjudicator a bit more depth.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

These are looking awesome, realistic, and functional! I like your newer style, but I'd also not mind seeing more of the white ship with triangles. Something about it is just really unique.

The carrier style with all the ribbing is really nice as a style, I just didn't like it being symmetrical lengthwise. The repetition is really well done and nicely simulates plating though.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I can feel a holy ship coming.
C'mon Black!
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

New ship time!

The Ostarva

I feel that the perimeter of the ship is a bit too cluttered, what do you guys think?
25000st wrote:I can feel a holy ship coming.
C'mon Black!
Fingers crossed. :wink:

Also, thanks allot for your comments guys!
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Damn. DAMN. I don't know why, but this has to be one of thew best ships I've ever seen.

It's probably because the depthing is just so well done. It feels look I'm looking at a top-down model and not a 2-d model. Black, if you continue with this, I sense a holy ship. Very holy.

Again. DAMN.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.