BH's Random Collection of Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I love these. All of them are extremely coherent
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

The large carrier unit is wonderful, I rather like the style with the spires and ribs. Whilst the silver ships before hand are great in section usage and overall shapes, but look a bit stretched here and there. On a random note, the seem...clinical or sterile for some reason, probably due to the colours and clean, uncluttered and robotic look.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well I re-coloured the carrier and made a few touch ups, take a look.

Tell me what you think.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

OMG!

That is some nice repetition you have there. I'm not too fond of the circular shape however.
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

Imo it's great. The new colors help a lot.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Even better! Something about the circular shape that appeals so much more than general 90' corners. I can't think of much to say, but I like this a lot.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

This is one of my favorite SW ships ever. Only thing I dislike is how it end abruptly at the back
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

There.

Extended the back end a bit so it doesn't end so abruptly.

Oh... And also this.

I feel that the back engines need a little beefing up, what do you guys think?
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

On the first one, the grey spikes at the back seem sort of out of place. Otherwise still great.

The second one... Not really sure what it is that bugs me about it. Maybe its just that its a diamond shape. I'd've made the back more W shaped. But it still looks reasonably nice.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I love the shape of the first now, but I agree that the grey sections seem a little odd. Perhaps just depthing might make them seem better.

The second is very nice, but I have a nitpick with the style in general. You've combined two in a way. With the way that the front half is so smooth and crisp it makes some of the jagged parts seem rather out of place or vice-versa. Mainly, the very end of the nose seems a bit odd and chunky compared to the smooth fuselage. Then engines too, seem a bit.... misplaced? maybe.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I don't think the engines are too small, but maybe if you opened the two rear triangle things it might look more balanced.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Here's a update for my newer ship.

As you can see I changed the back up a bit, but I withheld myself changing the front until I can find a good way to make it a bit more sleek.
I was also thinking of making a custom shield for this ship when it is done.

I won't be updating as much since I'm up to my neck in homework, but I'll still work on my ships from time to time.

So what do you guys think?
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

That ship still has a nice style, but the more I look at it the more backward it seems. Neither side actually seems like the front, but somehow the back looks more like the front than the front does.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

nice ship, I like how you used the sections :)
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

The new ship is quite nice, it reminds me of what I wanted to do with one of my old WIPs. No real complaints from me about it.

I like the carrier concept you've posted and would love to see a fleet based around the same style.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.