Multiple errors and problems in ShipBuilder.

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Noctis
Captain
Captain

Multiple errors and problems in ShipBuilder.

Post by Noctis »

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for O-key Key
for object obj_sidebar:

In script loadShip:
In script oReadParams:
In script nSecD:
In script updateMovtarget:
Error in code at line 98:
         ms_mcounter = ceil(ms_startdist/ms_aspeed)

at position 40: Division by 0.
This is the current error I'm getting, but it's not the first. I've had my mouse disappear, the builder stop accepting keyboard input, hidden parts refuse to return to their original position and other annoying problems. Usually a quick reboot of the SM can fix these problems, but this current error refuses to go away. Lately I've had problems with mirroring things and the like as well.

My question here is, is there something seriously wrong here? Should I just remove my current install, save my work and reinstall? Am I doing something wrong?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The error is pretty self-explanatory. The ms_startdist or ms_aspeed have been set to 0 somehow, most likely user error. Your best bet would be to find it and fix it in notepad or another text editor. Not exactly an easy task but you have some of the vital information already at your disposal, namely the line you want (98), the block of parameters you want (nSecD), and the position in question (40).
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Arcalane wrote:The error is pretty self-explanatory. The ms_startdist or ms_aspeed have been set to 0 somehow, most likely user error. Your best bet would be to find it and fix it in notepad or another text editor. Not exactly an easy task but you have some of the vital information already at your disposal, namely the line you want (98), the block of parameters you want (nSecD), and the position in question (40).
huh, well its not the first time something has altered after I closed the program. Well I'll see if I can change it back. huh...well line 98 doesn't even seem to be an nSecD...its a nSecC..I'll assume I missed one or something.

Does it being in position mean the number I'm looking for is 40, or that its in some list of 40 numbers?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

40th letter/number/character/symbol on that line/row.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Arcalane wrote:Not exactly an easy task but you have some of the vital information already at your disposal, namely the line you want (98), the block of parameters you want (nSecD), and the position in question (40).
Actually, no. The error refers to code in SM source (updateMovtarget script, to be precise), not in .sb4 file.

Ms_aspeed is 0. Ms_aspeed is calculated by dividing ms_dist by ms_aframes. Ms_dist must be 0, then, and ms_dist = move distance.

Noctis, what you are looking for is an nSecD entry in the blueprint, with its seventh argument being 0.
Last edited by Kaelis on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Well one outta three ain't so bad. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Kaelis wrote:
Arcalane wrote:Not exactly an easy task but you have some of the vital information already at your disposal, namely the line you want (98), the block of parameters you want (nSecD), and the position in question (40).
Actually, no. The error refers to code in SM source (updateMovtarget script, to be precise), not in .sb4 file.

Ms_aspeed is 0. Ms_aspeed is calculated by dividing ms_dist by ms_aframes. Ms_dist must be 0, then, and ms_dist = move distance.

Noctits, what you are looking for is an nSecD entry in the blueprint, with its seventh argument being 0.
If it' s not in the Sb4 then what should I open in order to edit it? The Sm itself?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I didnt say its not in sb4, i said the error refers to source code.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Kaelis wrote:I didnt say its not in sb4, i said the error refers to source code.
Ah, ok, thanks.

That worked.

Any idea why my keyboard stops working or my mouse disappears? Both happen rather often.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Noctis wrote: Any idea why my keyboard stops working
In SM? Try clicking any edit field and hitting enter. I find that happens if you're filling a field out and not pressing enter when done which seems to lock any keyboard functions.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~