Prototype Build (Download Here)

I'm making a game over the holidays. Come play it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

Re: Prototype Build (Download Here)

Post by th15 »

World Domination.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

/\ Halo reach Easter egg lol
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Say what? *Derps*
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

There's an Easter egg (you should know what that is in gaming terms) in Halo Reach that works thusly:

Play the second-to-last mission (not counting Lone Wolf) on Legendary difficulty up to the point of the ice caves. The other side of the far bridge there is a hidden button. When pressed one of the previously locked doors near the main base will open and release 5 elite commanders with energy swords. Once you have killed them you can enter the room that was unlocked. You are teleported to a long corridor seen in the cut-scene activated upon completing the mission. The corridor leads to Halseys Lab filled with RvB dialogues, concept art, ect. One note in the lab seems to be a list entitled 'Bungie world domination plan'.

Warning: this information may be completely spurious and wrong since I haven't played HR in over a year and have only done this Easter egg once.

(and wow do I sound like a geek reading that back)

Hope that answers your query.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

It does. So that's what they're working on...

Edit:
Sorry for this, but I only noticed about 3 pages of posts later that my ship was added.
I'm clearly blind, and I'm somehow happy it was added :wicked:
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
socom3psp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by socom3psp »

hi guys,i really want to play this game but i can't because it crash on startup.
heres the error:

of Draw Event
for object obj_lobby_continue_game:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
at gml_Object_obj_lobby_continue_game_Draw_0
############################################################################################

when i try to start it on fullscreen it simply don't work and say it stopped working,

i tryed the directx download provided by th15 and tryed fullscreen and windowed mode startup and they both don't work,
my specs (in case that a driver isnt supported or anything ) p4 ht 3.0ghz. 3gb. intel 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset family. i use win xp sp3.
pls help me fix it i really want to play spaceroguelike.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

seems like we both have the same problem that still doesn't have any solution.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
socom3psp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by socom3psp »

yeah it sux,i wish i can play it,wish someone know how to fix it,but i think its cuz oour gpu is old and newest driver doesn't fit for dx
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Then that's the solution. Though it's expensive, you will simply have to replace your GPU. In fact, what kind of system is it? DirectX isn't exactly brand new, even my 8-year-old laptop was able to run DX.

I'm guessing your PC/whatever is more than 10 years old and still uses some old kind of graphics card with AGP or older. Actually, the fact that the newet driver doesn't support DX tells me you really, really need something newer.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

Eh that's not it, I'm still able to use DX and run SC 2 (and Heart of the Swarm), so it's safe to say that's not it.
Although yours is still a solution, there are others without the use of money
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

socom3psp wrote:my specs (in case that a driver isnt supported or anything ) p4 ht 3.0ghz. 3gb. intel 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset family.
socom3psp - does Battleships Forever run on your system?

Unless you have a graphics card you didn't mention in your specs, it sounds like you're using an integrated graphics chip (probably Intel GMA 915G). Many integrated graphics solutions up until relatively recently were missing certain rendering capabilities, resulting in some games failing to run or displaying buggy graphics.

It's possible that SpaceRoguelike requires one of the features that chip is missing (less likely if Battleships Forever works, that would make it seem more likely that something else is causing the problem).
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I'm currently looking for any problems it has with rendering, but so far I'm just seeing problems with huge screen resolutions and 3D graphics. Hang on, I'll look further into this after I've been to Paris with a school excursion, so that'll be in two weeks. If it has been solved by then, great.

Right now, what I do see is that the chipset family itself is old. Fortunately Intel has the decency to keep bringing out new drivers for it. I suppose you tried installing the newest drivers, but I don't think DirectX is really a problem. Though I've found some people with DX problems, this chipset seems to be able to run DirectX fairly well. What I'm currently looking for is anything with that vertex buffer.

This is a manual of your chipset. After a quick search through the contents I found a section on vertex stuff, but the manual says it should work fine.

In short, I've got no idea what the heck is causing this. As said before I probably won't have time until after my school trip to Paris (a week of French...)
socom3psp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by socom3psp »

well guys bsf run well on my computer. my motherboard if it can help you with the problem:Intel Desktop Board D915GAGL - Motherboard - micro ATX - LGA775 Socket - i915G - LAN - onboard graphics
socom3psp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by socom3psp »

i don't have any gpu ,i only have the chipset i mentionned.i got 1 pci express slot,2 normal pci,1 prci express 16x.but i don't have money for any gpu + my psu suck it is a 250w.so can't put any gpu in it (could but shitty 1 and i would need to payfor some shipping .)
socom3psp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by socom3psp »

game i run : half life 2 (20 fps when not shooting,but when i shoot or i get in large area it lag as fak ), nfsu2 (almost unseeable lag,smooth,), terraria (run well (kinda very but not very) , bsf (no lag until theres some fighting with custom ship and some shit i can get 15 fps when i spawn a leviethan), diablo 2 (nothing to say if not perfect),gta sa(kinda playabe on lowest setting),spc containement breach (laggy sometime on 800 600 resolution,),
i can't run : minecraft (bad graphic card error on start up),and also spacerogue like (error i mentioned above) hope this can help (byy that i mean you can see what for exemple : dx version i need for game i can run and driver,)