Can't save/test ships? (No error message--nothing) (SOLVED)

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LostAmongStars
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Can't save/test ships? (No error message--nothing) (SOLVED)

Post by LostAmongStars »

Man, if it's not one thing, it's another for me. I'm sure you guys are really loving the "problem-child" over here. :roll: Heh, sorry...but hopefully this is the last problem I ask you to solve...

So, I'm running XP SP3 on an Asus EEE PC, and when I go to try to save my ships--nothing happens. I only discovered this AFTER I spent most of the afternoon working on my first ship--had to run some errands with my parents, then came back, tried to load up the ship to finish it--and my computer couldn't find it. Couldn't find any custom ships, as a matter of fact--not even the ones that I saw when looking at the folder myself. Also, I can't load up my ships for testing in the sandbox, either. Anybody have any ideas what's up?
Last edited by LostAmongStars on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Can't save/test ships? (No error message--nothing)

Post by Netharis »

Just make up for all this trouble you're causing with amazing ships. :P

Hmm... Is you BSF located in program files?
I had the same problem which remedied itself when I moved the BSF folder to my desktop.
Aaaand... That's the extent of my computer-related know how. ._.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Yeah, that's almost certainly the problem. Don't have BSF in Program Files. Shouldn't be as much of a pain with XP, but it can still cause problems.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
LostAmongStars
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LostAmongStars »

Hahaha, sorry to burst your bubble guys, but I have everything installed where it's supposed to be.
EDIT: So, uhm....is there an award for being the noobiest of the nooby? Because I think I get it if there is. *double facepalm* Hitting F5 to activate effects edit mode disables all other functionality. Turning this back off sets things back to normal again. Sorry to waste your time, guys. :oops: But, thanks for the help! :) Hopefully I'll be uploading killer ships by tomorrow!