No GUI/Side Tabs?

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LostAmongStars
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

No GUI/Side Tabs?

Post by LostAmongStars »

Hey everybody--sorry to have my first post be a request for help--but other than this issue, I've not found anything wrong with the game, it rocks! But of course, I, like many others, wanted to try my hand at making my own craft--and that's when I ran into the problem. It is identical to this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=4372 although it would not let me post in that thread, suggesting to me that the thread had hit its "bump limit", or something similar. I have the latest version of BSF, 090, and as far as I know, have the latest version of Shipbuilder--installed it into the default directory, and have tried hitting F12. Nothing has worked. So...what gives?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: No GUI/Side Tabs?

Post by Anna »

I'm not really sure. That's kind of odd. I'd say try downloading the .zip file and extract the whole thing to C:/BSF/ or whatever. Having the game be in Program Files might be causing the problem? But if that's not it, and if F12 doesn't work, and you have the full, latest download, then I have no idea what the problem could be.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

The game tends to do that on very low resolution screens. It does this to my mini laptop and won't ever work.
naysayers will be shot
LostAmongStars
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LostAmongStars »

The game tends to do that on very low resolution screens. It does this to my mini laptop and won't ever work.
This must be it--I'm using a mini-laptop on loan right now because my primary computer is borked. When I get a new computer/get this one fixed, I'll try it again. :) Thanks for the help, guys!
LostAmongStars
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LostAmongStars »

Found the solution! You need a minimum of 1024x768 resolution for the display to work properly. Again, thanks for the help, everybody! :)