Weapon ideas?

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Weapon ideas?

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Im building ships for a game called 'Star-Empires' involving the building of your own civilization then expanding through the galaxy. there are set class' of ships each civilization is aloud including HP, Weapon damages ect...

Just started building the capital ships that are aloud 1 Super-heavy weapon each and i want something that looks badass.
Not a sprite, i mean like the 'photon bomb' using teller torpedoes or the arrow pulse thing or an elaborate missile display.

any ideas on how i could do it?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
ZombieBane12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Weapon ideas?

Post by ZombieBane12 »

can you post the game's link?
To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. -Confucius
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Weapon ideas

Post by delta-7 »

lame idea #37, how about a giant mine layer (just random thought cuz right now in bsf i'm trying to figure out a building technique involving "critical subsystems" for a space mine)
slightly less lame ideas:
-giant plasma gun (combination of fiery and electrical effects)
-railgun (it's a classic. long range, massive penetrating power, but boring as hell cuz it's a bullet weapon, not lasers or plasma or even missiles)
-cluster missile, has the long range of a big missile, the ability o overwhelm point defense like a swarm of small missiles and cool by missile standards
-a weapon that uses supercooled liquid H2O to fire liquid streams of water that freeze on impact with target, freezing ships solid
-a weapon that uses quark gluon plasma to... well... quark gluon plasma is kinda really just EXTREMELY hot matter that achieves a state of free sub atomic particles flying out of molecules, the energy state of matter at this point is so high that basically every known form of potentially destructive energy is present at this time.
translated to English, a quark gluon plasma weapon would not be badass, it would be O.V.E.R.K.I.L.L. imagine a ball of superheated gas about 1 millionth of an inch in diameter with a surface temperature of 5.5 trillion degrees generating a electromagnetic field that can put out all the lights in a small country, with laser beams shooting out of it in all directions, random bolts of lightning everywhere, a steady stream of explosive bacon flavored napalm photons,and gravitational fields strong enough to warp the sub atomic particles that's left of it's targets ship's hull to another dimension where solid matter cannot and therefore does not exist through a swarm of micro black holes created by the extreme stress on the fabric of the universe.
-safe to say, a cubic inch of quark gluon plasma material should be sufficient to put a crater in the planet earth about the size of the sun.
-it's probably a good thing i'm not in charge of Russia's future weapons research program.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

You don't seem to look at post dates do you?
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by delta-7 »

did i just necro? damn, i really gotta start looking at post dates.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Eh, it should be fine. The point of the necro rule is so that posts 3 pages back don't get dug up. This was on the first page, and it should be okay. Although you should still keep an eye on those dates.
naysayers will be shot