Explosion sprites and doodads

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Explosion sprites and doodads

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I,ve been building a few generic type ships recently and i've been using horsemonsters (amazing) detailed weapons sprites for the missiles but the tiny default missile explosion sprite just doesn't look up to scratch for the missile. i have a different explosion sprite i picked up somewhere but i don't know how to apply it as a missile explosion.

Second off, i also have a few animated doodads but dropping them into the doodad file doesn't seem to make them available in ship maker. any help would be much appreciated. :wink:
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Explosion sprites and doodads

Post by Danny420Dale »

I don't think you can change the sprite the missile explodes with unless you change the launching weapon to a different type, like nukes.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

There are multiple missile-type weapons, some of them have larger and fancier-looking explosions, and with those you can adjust the explosion radius.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I changed the weapon before but it means I don't get the tracking or acceleration of a missile, ill have to experiment with it more. But anyhow, what about doodads?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Doodads and sections aren't loaded automatically into the buttons on the add tab when you put them into the custom sprite folders. You'll have to make a new custom sprites .ini and load that when you start shipmaker.
If that's too much of a hassle, you can simply drag-and-drop the sprites from the doodads folder.