A FAQ that wasn't part of the orginal FAQ

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

A FAQ that wasn't part of the orginal FAQ

Post by JohnStar1456 »

Q: how to import downloaded Custom section not by one by one but all

PLS ANSWER ME T.T

I want to make a custom ship with shining detailed sections and weapons
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: A FAQ that wasn't part of the orginal FAQ

Post by jwa8402 »

Seriously dude? Not only is there a detailed explanation in like five places, not counting the topic right below this that answers it for someone else that couldn't bother to look around, its drag and drop!

*edit* Fine. You go to the custom sprites section and either download individual sprite packs or one of the repacks, then extract them to your custom sprites folder. Make sure you don't change the file paths like by moving sprites into different folders. To get them in game, you can either drag them from their appropriate folder or open group arrange from the menu and drop them into there then save as a .ini, which will make them show up in the menu like default sprites do. If you look around, I believe there is a .ini with all the shiny sprites available for download. Hope that answers it but if not there are, as I said, plenty of explanations for this.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

@jwa
tnx I really appreciate it!! i really don't know much of the ship making in the game since I just started doing that just yesterday >.>

and My sincere apologize that I didn't search throughout the forum for the answers I'm seeking so.....
sorry for the trouble!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

In short, read this. It will answer almost all the questions you can possibly come up with.
www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=85898
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

Bad Boy wrote:In short, read this. It will answer almost all the questions you can possibly come up with.
viewtopic.php?p=85898
ok, I have another question though, when creating or making some ships how can I make it more detailed like the once that are post on the ship design section of this forum. I really want to know how to make those kind of ships so I can see how good I can be at making those kind of ships.

and is this ship good enough or bad >.> pls give me a Critics on it @_@

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1075 ... 3188295569
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Okay man, Its simple, One: break up your sentences with punctuation. Two: Practice. Three: Stock colours are your enemy.

Hope to see your shinyships soon!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
shamrocksoldier
Commander
Commander

Post by shamrocksoldier »

ok, I have another question though, when creating or making some ships how can I make it more detailed like the once that are post on the ship design section of this forum. I really want to know how to make those kind of ships so I can see how good I can be at making those kind of ships.
Stand up.
Jump in the air three times.
yell Rimma Rimma Radshaw pickapad Radnar.
do that three times.
and the detailed ship will be made.

If that doesn't work, then you should practice building.
UNGW Fleet:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6452
The War for the colonies:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6454

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. But In the morning, I shall be sober.”
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well some things can't be taught(as Anna will testify while glaring at me from his corner) and others can. Theres several great old tutorials by Anna, Lizzie, and probably others if you look around. They might even be stickied. Now I can't build for crap on my own but what I've found works well is to find a schematic of a ship you like and set it as the background. Then you can pick out sections that fit the small details first, before laying down the larger pieces. This strategy has served me fairly well. If you want to do that and have a ship in mind, I have hundreds of schematics. Or alot of people used to sketch out their own design before trying to build it.

One thing that I've found is that trying to design a ship to fit the sections does not usually look good. The greatest builders seemed to have an affinity for picking a shape and filling it in with sections in such a way that you see the shape rather than a mashup of individual pieces. Otherwise it is as the others said, practice.

*edit* The stock green ship on the right is pretty decent. The blue one is too saturated and covered by parenting lines.
JohnStar1456
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by JohnStar1456 »

jwa8402 wrote:Well some things can't be taught(as Anna will testify while glaring at me from his corner) and others can. Theres several great old tutorials by Anna, Lizzie, and probably others if you look around. They might even be stickied. Now I can't build for crap on my own but what I've found works well is to find a schematic of a ship you like and set it as the background. Then you can pick out sections that fit the small details first, before laying down the larger pieces. This strategy has served me fairly well. If you want to do that and have a ship in mind, I have hundreds of schematics. Or alot of people used to sketch out their own design before trying to build it.

One thing that I've found is that trying to design a ship to fit the sections does not usually look good. The greatest builders seemed to have an affinity for picking a shape and filling it in with sections in such a way that you see the shape rather than a mashup of individual pieces. Otherwise it is as the others said, practice.

*edit* The stock green ship on the right is pretty decent. The blue one is too saturated and covered by parenting lines.
ok, tnx and BTW those ships I design wasn't made by sketch but in mind and I just thought those out of my mind.
and sorry for the one on the left side(e.g. the huge battle ship) if forgot to put it in preview mode

EDIT: I have created a ship that was made out of boredom and that ship you will see it in the ship design section. on my thread named My own Ship Johnstar145's Fleet