How to make a regenative shield...

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How to make a regenative shield...

Post by Epicduck »

I have problem with Shields (Not aegis)
example:

and how to i making the shield in front of the ship auto-self-Regen please help (if you can)
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: How to make a regenative shield...

Post by Bad Boy »

Place a nanomatrix with very small (1 or so) range right on top of it. Make sure the nanomatrix is parented to the shield Shrink said nanomatrix and if necessary alpha it as well so it's impossible to hit and invisible ingame.
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Bad Boy wrote:Place a nanomatrix with very small (1 or so) range right on top of it. Make sure the nanomatrix is parented to the shield Shrink said nanomatrix and if necessary alpha it as well so it's impossible to hit and invisible ingame.
This for example:

The Little point is nanomatrix i parented with the Shield its correct ?

and i put range 1 of nanomatrix
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ dammit. i dropped my bag of doritos
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Yes, that should work.
To be honest though, I like making fitted shields and believe they look better. You may not have a use for this but I'll tell you anyway.
Spoiler!
Make the background a solid color, i.e. winered. Take a screenshot of the entire ship. Put the newly taken screenshot into the custom sprites folder. Open shipmaker. Place the screenshot as a section. Do whatever effects to it you please but make sure that its alpha is turned down and it is set to additive blending. If you want, for better quality, take a screenshot of it again and use the new one as the section.
Edit* Also, I think that ship looks rather nice.
naysayers will be shot
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Doogie12 wrote:Yes, that should work.
To be honest though, I like making fitted shields and believe they look better. You may not have a use for this but I'll tell you anyway.
Spoiler!
Make the background a solid color, i.e. winered. Take a screenshot of the entire ship. Put the newly taken screenshot into the custom sprites folder. Open shipmaker. Place the screenshot as a section. Do whatever effects to it you please but make sure that its alpha is turned down and it is set to additive blending. If you want, for better quality, take a screenshot of it again and use the new one as the section.
Edit* Also, I think that ship looks rather nice.
Thanks i can have another question doogie/badboy if you guys can help me
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Another Question:

How to i make a Turret.

Example( i Don't find examples And i marked one)

Image how to i making this turret working.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Here ya go. It's been ages since I've touched shipmaker so this'll explain it better than me right now (plus Anna put effort into that where I wouldn't).
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5524&p=114767&hili ... de#p114767

Also, for future reference a lot of problems you may have have probably come up already. Before you ask for help it's a good idea to do a search and see if you can find it. It doesn't really matter here since this forum's dead so the occasional redundant post is more good than bad, but it's still general forum etiquette to try to search for your problem first. That said, the forum and game are dead (at least for the time being) so ask away, one of my fellow lurkers will be happy to answer you.
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Bad Boy wrote:Here ya go. It's been ages since I've touched shipmaker so this'll explain it better than me right now (plus Anna put effort into that where I wouldn't).
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5524&p=114767&hili ... de#p114767

Also, for future reference a lot of problems you may have have probably come up already. Before you ask for help it's a good idea to do a search and see if you can find it. It doesn't really matter here since this forum's dead so the occasional redundant post is more good than bad, but it's still general forum etiquette to try to search for your problem first. That said, the forum and game are dead (at least for the time being) so ask away, one of my fellow lurkers will be happy to answer you.
thank you badboy/doogie you guys are realy cool. Thanks so much for the help
Epicduck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epicduck »

Another question

How to i make a horizontal minimissile

Example this:

i don't made this ship.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Take a mini-missile, turn it 90 degrees, edit its launch arc to be greater than 90, edit its arc range to very little. Mirror.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

You can do the same for any kind of weapon that homes in on a target.
naysayers will be shot