Encounter Truoble Help!

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ccb12
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Encounter Truoble Help!

Post by ccb12 »

I starded Trying to make An encounter level But I'm not shere what the delay controls. Would 1 be a munite or a seconed or would it mean Examople: 1 stands for wave one and when wave one gets destrouid then does wave two come in. And one more thing the enymy ships won't spawn at the begining
Tell me Please!!!! :D
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Encounter Truoble Help!

Post by Bad Boy »

Delay is in seconds. To have ships show up at the start you have to set their wave to 0 and their delay to 0. Wave 2 will come in when wave 1 is dead.
What follows may not be quite related to your questions but since I am not fully certain of what you're asking I can't be sure if this answers one of your questions. If it's too confusing, don't worry about it:
What I cannot remember is whether ships that haven't arrived yet count as dead for that but I believe they do. So, let's say you have it set to some spawn ships in wave 1 with 0 delay, some more ships in wave 1 with 3000 delay and some more ships in wave 2 with 0 delay. If I recall correctly, if the ships wave 1 0 delay ships die before the wave 1 3000 delay ships spawn, it will move right on to wave 2 however the wave 1 3000 delay ships will also spawn after the time is up. This will cause wave 2 to spawn before wave 1 is completely destroyed and the rest of wave 1 to spawn sometime during wave 2. In short it screws things up and you should be careful about how you combine waves and delays and make sure to playtest your encounters a few times to ensure that they work..