Rotating Sections Help & Turrets

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jjmounes
Ensign
Ensign

Rotating Sections Help & Turrets

Post by jjmounes »

The information isn't particularly specific... How do I get something to rotate using the ED2 menu? Rotating is enabled, but my borders don't seem to want to be set. Is up 0 degrees or something? There is no frame of reference made apparent that would show me what degree values I need. I could use examples for always rotating, rotating within an angle, and rotating within that angle but in a different direction... Having difficulty figuring it out. CW and CCW borders don't accept any values at all...

Thanks.

EDIT

Okay! Start Angle appears to have 0 be directly aligned parallel horizontally with the sprite. Then again, maybe not. Having the borders be 0 to -360 and 0 to 360 makes absolutely no sense to me.

Through trial and error I achieved the desired effect, though I still lack a comprehensive understanding of rotating sections.

Also I apparently have some rogue parented objects outside the possible pan space of the construction area, whut?

Resolved by re-doing thangs do the lines lie?

Can't figure out how to change my new ship's name either.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3516

How do you make turrets. I mean, how do you actually assign everything?

Due to how slow this forum is (it's a niche thing, I've been places like this b4 s' all goo) I'll probably figure out damn near everything before anybody replies. I feel obligated to make my own "this is how do" thread since there isn't a very comprehensive one, and may someday do so; but currently I'm having too much fun playing with it. It takes me back to LIERO! Except, space ships. Obvious lack of balance between player-created fleets aside, I wish this was multiplayer.
sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Rotating Sections Help & Turrets

Post by sierra_117 »

They this:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5524&p=114767&hili ... de#p114767

Fifth post should help. Seems to be a sort of fireside tutorial by Anna, don't mind the arguments there; it's a natural part the learning process. Hope it helps :wink:
It is nothing personal... I am just better than you.

- The great King Julian