Transformation & Re-transformation

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Transformation & Re-transformation

Post by xmrsmoothx »

I'm making a ship that expands and retracts, very simple... The only keys I see available for triggering it is the comma, period and slash. I'm not sure if this is intended or not. And more importantly, I can't find a way to set a key to retract, or even keep it expanded - it usually just flies right back into place. Am I missing something?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Transformation & Re-transformation

Post by Anna »

Yes, you're missing something.

Set the Trigger off actions for the sections to "Mov. reach target (self)" and "Mov. reach origin (self)" to make it so they stop when they're completely open or closed.

Comma, period and slash are the only keys available for triggering transformations, yes. You can also have transformations be triggered by things like a weapon firing, or a weapon acquiring a target.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xmrsmoothx »

Anna wrote:Yes, you're missing something.

Set the Trigger off actions for the sections to "Mov. reach target (self)" and "Mov. reach origin (self)" to make it so they stop when they're completely open or closed.

Comma, period and slash are the only keys available for triggering transformations, yes. You can also have transformations be triggered by things like a weapon firing, or a weapon acquiring a target.
So, is it possible to extend it with a key, and retract it with the same or another key?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yes. If you have it so it extends with a key, then pressing the same key will make it retract.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xmrsmoothx »

Okay. Thanks for your help, I know this isn't the best-formatted request for help.
Is there a way to make a weapon only online when its parent section is in a certain position (extended)?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yes. Have the weapon set so shooting is normally off, have a trigger set to turn "shooting" on when a section reaches target, and to turn it back off when the section reaches its origin.
Quality Control Enforcer
xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xmrsmoothx »

Thank you so much. Before now I was just turning the weapons so they didn't shoot forward.
How do I set it so a certain section does it, though? Does it have to do with 'on trigger 1' and such?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Select the weapon, right-click on the section, and select "set on trigger 1" and "set off trigger 1". And then set the triggers for the weapon itself has "section reaches target" as On Trigger 1, and "Section reaches origin" as Off Trigger 1.

I hope that explains everything. XD If not I'll do a step-by-step picture guide and hopefully that'll clear everything up.
Quality Control Enforcer
xmrsmoothx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xmrsmoothx »

That seems like all I need to know. Thank you very much.
admiral Yorktown
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by admiral Yorktown »

thanks for telling me Anna i own you one :) those will come in handy in future.
Admin Edit: Your signature should not be longer than your average post. Yes, I know the limit is 1024. That doesn't mean pile in a load of random shit and tack on obnoxious tagging and bbcodes.