Strange yellowish glow on new sprite sections

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Pixie
Ensign
Ensign

Strange yellowish glow on new sprite sections

Post by Pixie »

Hi i'm very new with Battleships Forever and with Shipmaker and I saw that this guy Kaelis made some new sprites. They looked pretty cool so i downloaded them had to download 7-zip to open them. Put them in my custom sprite folder and used import section sprite, and built some ships. But when i go in to play the game theres a weird yellow glow around the sections like in a square shape. I tried turning of glow and stuff like that on the sections but nothing happened. Help? This is also my first post ever using this forum so im new to this too.
Your Insolence shall not be tolerated.....
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Strange yellowish glow on new sprite sections

Post by Doogie12 »

On the in-game options menu you should be able to disable all glows. Its been a while for me so you might want someone else to verify.
naysayers will be shot
Pixie
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pixie »

My in game option doesn't have a disable glow option just surfaces, doodads, Particals, Gradients, and Interpolate
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

And here I was hoping no one would ever ask this question again, since it's been answered so many times and is in the Shipmaker's FAQ at the top of the damn forum.
Q: How do I fix the weird glow bug on custom sections?

A: There are a couple of ways to do this.

1: You can turn off the glow for all ships, in the Options menu ingame. Use the Colours selector and cycle until you reach 'Glow', then set all the sliders to the left.

2: In Shipmaker, select the offending section(s), go to the Effects tab, and toggle "Disable Glow" to "On".
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Pixie
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pixie »

oh ......thanks
jamiewins2
BANNED

Post by jamiewins2 »

yea he knows alot because hes a admin.but really he is really kind.oh and i like your vids on youtube :)
time flys when your having fun.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Didn't mean to come off like a dick, this is just my general irritation with a continued failure of people to read the FAQ before asking their question.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Maybe the faq should be set up like terms of service that you have to read and check off before you can post. Or I've seen another where in order to post, you have to answer a simple trivia question about the content of the forum. Wouldn't help probably :roll: