Something with ship transformations

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Something with ship transformations

Post by seiji09 »

I'm working on a ship right now, and I'd like to have some assistance with something. You've probably seen ships that have a 'normal' mode but when the ship detects incoming enemies, it transforms-exposing additional armor, weapons, etc. So my question is this: is there a way for a ship in BSF to transform only with the presence of enemies/ enemies get within range?
My ships aren't overpowered, they're just... Extremely Efficient! XD
TENSA ZANGETSU
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Something with ship transformations

Post by TENSA ZANGETSU »

i don't know but it would be cool
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

seiji09 wrote:I'm working on a ship right now, and I'd like to have some assistance with something. You've probably seen ships that have a 'normal' mode but when the ship detects incoming enemies, it transforms-exposing additional armor, weapons, etc. So my question is this: is there a way for a ship in BSF to transform only with the presence of enemies/ enemies get within range?
Yes, but it's a real pain in the ass to do. My suggestion would be to experiment with moving sections and triggers to get a feel for them before attempting something like that, and then once you've done all that experimenting, if you aren't sure how to do it yourself, I'll try to give you some tips.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Post by Rockboy3970 »

I was going to reply to this earlyer but the forum got all craped up and I forgot about this post

I was going to say try linking the begining of the tranformation to a weapon so when it fires your ship will transform but you might want to use just a dud gun like a flare gun and give it more range so your ship will have time to transform

but hey im just some crazy noob >:D
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

Ok, thanks! ^^
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

ok, managed to finish weapon deployment sequence... the only thing i need now is the trigger itself. you got any ideas guys? it'll be cool if you can give me tips Anna, please? ^^
Anna

Post by Anna »

Try having a non-firing weapon that activates the transformation when it acquires a target, and then have the ship set to return back to the default state once a certain number of frames as elapsed. Or something like that.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Unn4m3D
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Unn4m3D »

Anna wrote:Try having a non-firing weapon that activates the transformation when it acquires a target, and then have the ship set to return back to the default state once a certain number of frames as elapsed. Or something like that.
Its either that or when the enemy ship is destroyed or when the enemy is no longer in range, then again I'd go with the " When the enemy is destroyed " .
I hope I get to see the ship soon ! This is one of the best Idea I've seen :lol: . .
Anna

Post by Anna »

Unn4m3D wrote:Its either that or when the enemy ship is destroyed or when the enemy is no longer in range, then again I'd go with the " When the enemy is destroyed " .
Except there's no trigger for enemy destroyed, and the trigger for weapons losing target locks is broken as all hell.
Quality Control Enforcer
Unn4m3D
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Unn4m3D »

Anna wrote:
Unn4m3D wrote:Its either that or when the enemy ship is destroyed or when the enemy is no longer in range, then again I'd go with the " When the enemy is destroyed " .
Except there's no trigger for enemy destroyed, and the trigger for weapons losing target locks is broken as all hell.
Ohh well, its either he uses Time or a Button to transform his ship . .
And thanks for the heads up on the enemy lock thingy . .
seiji09
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiji09 »

I posted a ship i made in the custom ships area. Just take a look at it ^^

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5835