Weapon altering

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Weapon altering

Post by Rockboy3970 »

im trying to make a phaser type weapon like out of star-trek unfortunatly I find this very hard to do could somone help me? or did I just ask for the holygrail weapon :|

it would be like on the hulls of the shps you know the line that fires off a laser
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Weapon altering

Post by Doogie12 »

I think jwa attempted it, but to be honest I believe it would require a beam sprite that moves back and forth in perfect correlation to the weapon sprite, which is possible but by no means easy.
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The closest I came was making a animated gif for the phaser strip, setting it as the weapon sprite for a non functioning weapon, and fire linking that to the actual phaser, with a delay. Couldn't get the timing right though and the dummy would still fire even though I set it not to.

The other way, which I honestly haven't tried yet, would be to put the phaser on a section parented to a rotating section which would cycle around the outside of the saucer as its firing, the rotation triggered by the weapon. I seem to recall that causes problems though, but if it worked it would do the trick.
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

ok I was trying to create just a flat strait line phaser but everytime I try it I end up with some...bad very bad results
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Your just talking about the beam, not the emitter?
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

jwa8402 wrote:Your just talking about the beam, not the emitter?
no im talking about the emitter but its pretty much imposible to set it so the weapon dosent have to move to aim