Cursor Disappearing in Ship Maker

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zeratul
Ensign
Ensign

Cursor Disappearing in Ship Maker

Post by Zeratul »

This is a relatively minor yet evilly irritating problem I have been having. Sometimes, my mouse cursor vanishes while I use the ship maker. The mouse cursor is still plainly visible outside the Ship Maker Window, but it does not show up in Ship Maker.

This quirk happens sporadically and seems to always find the most inconvenient timing imaginable to occur. Apparently, just quitting Ship Maker and running a new instance of it makes it go away. However, I want to know what this problem is and how it can be prevented.

I searched the forums - plus Google - but ended up none the wiser. Help?
He designs starships using Ship Maker as his tool.
His strange ideas once made people laugh and call him a fool.
Eventually, he had one of those brilliant days,
And he set the world's imagination ablaze.
Now they say, "Zeratul, you're quite cool!"
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: Cursor Disappearing in Ship Maker

Post by vidboi »

did you click on a section? (or a weapon, module or doodad for that matter) if you double click on a section you'll pick it up and the cursor will dissapear. if it's not that, i know that not pressing enter after changing a text field messes some things up in shipmaker
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I've encountered this problem a few times. A very few times, only like eight or nine specific instances I can think of in the 3+ years I've been shipbuilding. I have no idea what causes it, and near as I can tell just restarting Shipmaker is the only fix and I'm not aware of any way to prevent it from occurring. Sorry.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

This happens to me sometimes. I generally just select something and it reappears. Of course, its a little tricky without the cursor.
naysayers will be shot
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Don't know if its the same problem but sometimes if I'm entering a number into the edit tabs and click someplace instead of pressing enter, the cursor disappears. Usually it turns into a text line but sometimes it disappears. Probably not the same thing but who knows.
Zeratul
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zeratul »

Actually, I tried using ship maker again, and it seems it happens more often with a portable version of the game. I just installed Battleships Forever using the official executable package, and Ship Maker is far more stable now. Now that this dilemma seems to be sorted out, I look forward to participating in the community of this marvelous game.
He designs starships using Ship Maker as his tool.
His strange ideas once made people laugh and call him a fool.
Eventually, he had one of those brilliant days,
And he set the world's imagination ablaze.
Now they say, "Zeratul, you're quite cool!"