A little question about triggers like the online/offline...

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

thenoobiebuilder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

A little question about triggers like the online/offline...

Post by thenoobiebuilder »

So I'm working on a new experimental ship and need a little help with online/offline triggers.
I have a ship that has a deck gun(oohhhhh a hint maybe....) that I want to be offline till the bay opens.
So far it never offlines and always is online.
Any help would be nice but not nessesary as if it fails off to another idea I go.

TNB

And Anna for me at least it goes "ability first,cool design latter."
I am a fan of the "Push F to fire everything" idea.

I really don't know why I'm thinking these thoughts,
but I do know they aren't mine...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: A little question about triggers like the online/offline

Post by Bad Boy »

Before I help you I'd like to request that you stop ending your threads and posts with comments to Anna - this isn't the first time you've done it, but It'd make me marginally happier if it's the last. To put it simply, why the hell should he, more than anyone else, care whether you want to build with "ability first,cool design latter" (which I take to mean you want to learn triggers before building nice looking ships)? He has no real life connections with you and the only relationship you've had is one of you pissing him off. I mean shit man, he's a person reading a forum, why should he care about how someone who's done nothing but infuriate him wants to build their ships. Not to mention, if you want to build your ships for awesome triggers, and you actually have awesome (maybe even inovative) triggers, I can't imagine him complaining about it much.
But to get back to the point, you're personally asking him to respond to your post/thread and seeing as you seem to be aiming to aggravate or at least clash with him, for no real reason that I can see other than flamebaiting, this strikes me as irritating, unnecessary and rather childish.

Anyway, rant over, help time.
The offline/online triggers are very finnicky, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. However, I've never had a problem with disabling weapons from the start, so I assume you're making some mistake. I shouldn't have to say this, but make sure you have 'Shooting' or 'Online' disabled (which one you disable obviously depends on which one you want to use).
If this isn't the problem, then I'm either misunderstanding your situation, or you're dealing with the finnicky weapon triggers and I'm not sure how to fix this (other than maybe deleting and replacing). Alternatively, try uploading the .sb4
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The offline/online settings for weapons actually don't work.

Like, at all.

There are triggers for making weapons shooting or non-shooting. Those DO work. But offline/online do not work. Ever. At all.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Yeah, they're just an...un-implemented feature I guess. :P
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

that's odd, because weapon online/offline triggers work perfectly for me =/ for the bay doors i'd make an assembly where pressing , or something would start the process by moving everything into place, then i'd set an on trigger to the driver gun when it's all in place. then, on the press of the button again it'd trigger off on the gun and move everything back to the start
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
thenoobiebuilder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by thenoobiebuilder »

well here is what I want it to do:
SMscreen035.png
SMscreen035.png (14.82 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
doors closed---(.) pressed
SMscreen037.png
SMscreen037.png (12.41 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
first door open--- unit 50% activated
SMscreen041.png
SMscreen041.png (13.78 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
second door open--- unit 75% activated
SMscreen042.png
SMscreen042.png (17.46 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
gun extended/driver and gun brought online
I set it so driver and gun offline at start
and driver/gun online at gun extention

but it starts online anyway :(

I guess so much for THIS idea...

TNB

@Bad Boy sorry didn't know it was that annoying...
I am a fan of the "Push F to fire everything" idea.

I really don't know why I'm thinking these thoughts,
but I do know they aren't mine...