New question

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

New question

Post by sierra_117 »

Ok, a question for all of the experienced and/or moderator people out there; is it frowned apon to draw/sketch a ship (as a hobby-artist does), scan it and use it for sections/sprites on SM?
It is nothing personal... I am just better than you.

- The great King Julian
Son Tzu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New question

Post by Son Tzu »

Not as far as I'm aware. If you're more comfortable drawing by hand than fiddling with a mouse and a paint program, go for it. Just remember to use the sprite naming conventions if you're going to upload your sprites.
Don't worry chaps, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist

Some people spread happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Well, if you draw a ship on paper or in image editing software, and then just turn the drawing into a section to make your ship out of, I personally wouldn't be even slightly impressed, but I wouldn't say I'd frown upon it. I'd just shrug at it. If you just drew different sorts of sections, and not ones specifically designed for a specific ship, then I wouldn't be bothered at all.

I hope that answers your question.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sierra_117 »

Would never use it as a whole section I swear, there would be no point. Thanks for the answers, I will see what I can rustle up, though I'm not that good anyway. Thanks again :P