Help for idiot noob please

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

Help for idiot noob please

Post by sierra_117 »

There is no way to group scale right?, cause I have made the colossal mistake to not scale some of my ships as I make them so that they are scaled correctly to the rest of my fleet. I understand that I will probably be 'internet-slapped' over the back of the head for this but I seriously could not find this info anywhere else ( :oops: come to think of it i didn't look in the manual to check, but i have read it a few times and can't remember), anyway, thank you in advance :D
It is nothing personal... I am just better than you.

- The great King Julian
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Help for idiot noob please

Post by jwa8402 »

Your talking about the overall size of each ship in comparison to another right? Not altering the size of sections? Well I usually start from a template ship file that has one ship already there so I know how big it is in comparison to all the others. The other way to do it is to build all or several of the ships in the same file and save them separately once you have the general size. I seem to recall there being some way of loading one ship into another ship file but no idea where to find that or if it would work with the current version. If nothing else thats what the grid is for, and the size indicator in the ship stats. Hope that helps.
sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sierra_117 »

Thanks for the reply, i mean overall ship size, I'm guessing this means no?

Really good advice though, thanks.

So... I am guessing this means no?

- The great King Julian
sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sierra_117 »

To all who view this, the question is still open to anyone, is there a way to change the size of an entire ship at once (like group rotate or move)?

- The great King Julian
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ah I see what you were asking now, sorry for the lengthy but useless reply. In that case I believe the answer would be a big no. The only way I can imagine 'scaling' a ship is to stretch all the sprites which would be a travesty, or rebuild the ship using different sprites...
sierra_117
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sierra_117 »

Painful, you see I used an intense amount of sprites/sections to make the accurate shape of a fan-ship and the ship turned out a lot larger than it should have been compared to my other ships from the same "fan-fleet", anyway thanks man I will be more careful next time.

EDIT: Moderators, please feel free to delete this topic; (as a newbie does) I went and stupidly made a new one. Sorry and thanks.