I'm BACK! With lots of problems!

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I'm BACK! With lots of problems!

Post by Omicron »

Yeah. I'm back. I know you all hate me but I have a problem. Or two.
A.Fraxy glows. I want them. Where are they? Filesmelts saying something that hotlinking isn't allowed.
B.Adding doodads. HOW DO?
Last edited by Omicron on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: I'm BACK! With two problems!

Post by Anna »

You posted your problems in the wrong forum. Questions like this belong in the Shipmaking Info And Resources board.

But to answer these questions:
1) Download the fraxy section pack. It can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3508
fraxy_112 is the section everyone uses for glows. Resized and set to being "additive" blending, it can do all sorts of things.

2) When you put a .gif in, you have the option of importing it as a section or a doodad. If you want to use a .png as a doodad, you need to add it to the "Doodads" list in the smsprites.ini file.

You're welcome.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

What? I put it in shipmaking info? THE HELL?
Eh. File smelt is being annoying it's giving me a weird 'Hotlinking not allowed.' thing. What do? :?:
Oh and hey Seraph! I hope you don't hate me? Right?
And while I'm at it where would I got to get those doodads that are like team marking stripes?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Omicron wrote:What? I put it in shipmaking info? THE HELL?
No, that's where you SHOULD have put it. That board is for asking questions/getting answers/providing tips. The Custom Content board is for CUSTOM CONTENT. It does not exist for you to post questions in.
Eh. File smelt is being annoying it's giving me a weird 'Hotlinking not allowed.' thing. What do? :?:
Here. Re-uploaded for you.
Oh and hey Seraph! I hope you don't hate me? Right?
Hello. And no.
And while I'm at it where would I got to get those doodads that are like team marking stripes?
Here They're in the first post. Save them to Custom sprites/Doodads/
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

Thanks!
At least I still love you D:
Edit:
I'm an endless pit of educational need....Or something....Anyways! I need to know how to use the exhaust to get pretty trails! (I know about the whole ExhaustEx) but I saw a ship somewhere that had these epic blue trails wherever it went.
EditII: The hell? Another question? Eh. Anyways I need to know how many pixels a meter/metre! And I need to know how to move this topic. Or is that mod only?
Son Tzu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: I'm BACK! With lots of problems!

Post by Son Tzu »

Yah, I get the same issue (hotlinking not allowed) when I try to use filesmelt. Think it's a firewall thing.
@Anna thanks for putting fraxies on mediafire, I got 'em now!
Don't worry chaps, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist

Some people spread happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Omicron wrote:EditII: The hell? Another question? Eh. Anyways I need to know how many pixels a meter/metre! And I need to know how to move this topic. Or is that mod only?
1) There is no set scale to BSF. There is no pixel -> meter ratio except ones that players make for themselves.
2) Only mods can move topics. And one of the other mods appears to have done it. Probably Arcalane. *checks Admin log* Yup, Arcalane. Thank you, almighty Admin Arcalane, for your silent benevolence!
Son Tzu wrote:Yah, I get the same issue (hotlinking not allowed) when I try to use filesmelt. Think it's a firewall thing.
@Anna thanks for putting fraxies on mediafire, I got 'em now!
Yeah, filesmelt's doing the same thing for me too, at least on that particular file, and I don't have a firewall up atm, so I don't know what's going on with it. You're welcome.
Quality Control Enforcer