Entrance of SW sprite

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Entrance of SW sprite

Post by alive916 »

There has a lot of SW sprite packs. I have already feel very tired in facing 96 original sprites.(maybe only 24 sprites are original-original......)
Which SW sprite pack is good for the newbie of SW sprite?

And, Is anyone have a centre tuned square background?
Maart3n
BANNED

Re: Entrance of SW sprite

Post by Maart3n »

All of them. Mecha for me, but others prefer other sections, it's a matter of taste.
alive916 wrote:And, Is anyone have a centre tuned square background?
A what?
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Maart3n wrote:
alive916 wrote:And, Is anyone have a centre tuned square background?
A what?
I think alive here wants to use a square background, which is centered on the core, for SM.

Alive, might I suggest you use Google Translate, or get a spell checker.
Google Translate, just search for whatever is your native language, in the menu : translate from, and then in the menu Translate to: English and start typing whatever you want to say in the big box above the two options, its not perfect, but its probably going to come out better than it does now.

ADD: I'm doing this solely for the sake of making alive more understandable for all of us.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I mean:

(Image is a universe language.)

And I have a problem. the centre heart is not in SW sprite. How can I make a SW centre heart? In addition, I hope I can still hold the original heart sprite for my old ships.

Thirdly, where can I find SW turrets?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

alive916 wrote:And I have a problem. the centre heart is not in SW sprite. How can I make a SW centre heart? In addition, I hope I can still hold the original heart sprite for my old ships.

Are you asking how to align the center of the grid with the center of the core?

SW turrets can be found in the Custom Content section, dig around a bit.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

alive916 wrote:I mean:

-image-

(Image is a universe language.)

And I have a problem. the centre heart is not in SW sprite. How can I make a SW centre heart? In addition, I hope I can still hold the original heart sprite for my old ships.

You can adjust the background by selecting the ship core and press the keys T,F,G and H to reposition the background. TFGH will not do this if you don't have the core selected, however.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

alive916 wrote:And I have a problem. the centre heart is not in SW sprite. How can I make a SW centre heart? In addition, I hope I can still hold the original heart sprite for my old ships.
You can't replace the core sprites, I'm afraid.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Arcalane wrote:
You can't replace the core sprites, I'm afraid.
Oh I see. It is disappointed that it can be solved by glowing core "only".

And how to replace the SW turrets? Is it means the images of old turrets will be deleted by replacement?

Also how to put out the pixel shadow around the ship except setting the glow to black?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

set glow to off in the edit tab you will have to do this for every section

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Preacher wrote:set glow to off in the edit tab you will have to do this for every section
Are you serious? This is even worse than not giving any advice at all - you're misleading him.

From the FAQ:
Q: How do I fix the weird glow bug on custom sections?
A: You can turn off the glow for all ships, in the Options menu ingame. Use the Colours selector and cycle until you reach 'Glow', then set all the sliders to the left.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

alive916 wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
alive916 wrote:
Also how to put out the pixel shadow around the ship except setting the glow to black?
this is the only reason i said this my glow is set to black

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I see. I set the glow to all black. But this method......All ships become a bit dark. Although I use all white as the team color but it still grey. It has diffculty to have shading......(playable first. It should be put in BSF.)

And, SW turrets? Is there have some system documents that run the SW turrets?
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

You must individually set the graphic of each weapon/turret into a custom sprite of your choice.

Unlike sections, which you can pull from a list, each weapon will require you manually set the sprite.

However, you can just make one weapon with all the changes you need and then copy/paste/clone it as much as you want.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

to change the sprites to sw turrets just select the weapon, go onto the ED2 tab, and click on the box labelled "custom weapon sprite". a browse file menu will open up, just go and select the sprite that you want it to be
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I see. it means it just change the sprite but not the data. Blaster is still blaster.

And, no other choice to reduce the pixel shadow instead of cancel the glow in BSF?