The shiny shining core

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The shiny shining core

Post by alive916 »

I saw that some of the best custom ships has a beautiful shining core which seems is a doodads with .gif animations. Is anyone know where the source of those cores is or have it to share? Those cores are very cool.

I just know the images of the core is in Battleships Forever\Custom sprites\Stock Misc\spr_Bridge.gif. Can I put an animation instead of a normal image?

calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The shiny shining core

Post by calvin1211 »

This guide should tell you almost everything you will need for glows.
The Fraxy section pack mentioned there is in the custom sections forum.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Yes! I know the fake aegis method but I know the aegis must link to a section and then can save it. how to deactivate the aegis and save the ship?
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Select the glowing section, press the tab that says EFF, go to Effect Type and change that to Fake Aegis. Then follow the instructions in the guide.
Alternatively use fraxy_112 in the Fraxy sections pack here.
It does mot use the aegis module.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Thx!! Now I have a cool looking ship with a cool shining core!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Shining core does not equal good ship. I'll grant you, these ships have a certain appeal to them. They're very... interesting. But as "ships", they're bad. To be honest, they're kind of horrible. The look more like very flimsy, oddly shaped crystals than spaceships. And these days, few people are interested in ships like these. You're free to post them, but... yeah, you probably won't get much in the way of positive responses.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

I know what you want to reply. I watched other ships in this forum and they are extremely well "warships" with a ship-shape, retanglar and a good weapon sequence. But I am created some kind of "spaceship" that does not need to have streamline, parallel shape but have beauty geomatical balance. May be we are just in different side of the creative. I merely cannot ignore that Battleships Forever is about space wars.

You also design some good ships, don't you?

p.s. : And I forgot to notice that the left side is a battle station and, right side is a greatnaught-grade spaceship.
Missing of word description is my fault. :shock:

For the normally-like ships, can you command the ships below......

Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

alive916 wrote:I know what you want to reply. I watched other ships in this forum and they are extremely well "warships" with a ship-shape, retanglar and a good weapon sequence. But I am created some kind of "spaceship" that does not need to have streamline, parallel shape but have beauty geomatical balance. May be we are just in different side of the creative. I merely cannot ignore that Battleships Forever is about space wars.
The point is that your ships don't look real, that and geomatic isn't a word. Your ships look like the stock ships with a bit more aegis and weapons.
alive916 wrote:You also design some good ships, don't you?
As in he was on of the first to start building ships purely for aesthetics.
EDIT: Sorry, wrong topic, this comment should be in your shipbuilding tread.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Perhaps he meant geometric.

Your non-ships have more appeal than your "actual" ships. Neither look much like ships though.

Meh, I'm a sucker for radial symmetry.

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in custom ships now?
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

ummmmm.....well.....

Because of the lack of the radial mirroring of Ship Maker, I just design a few radial symmetric battle station or base. I design it with a huge number of trigonomatry calculations. But, they are really be created.

Planning in the pentagonal boss-class huge base Sakura Eternity.

Talk in other side, I now remember to post the ship design in Custom Ships forum but not here sorry.....
May we discuss it in that post? :arrow: