How to make battle stations?

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Antifix
Ensign
Ensign

How to make battle stations?

Post by Antifix »

i have made a few ships but i can't find out how to make stations, i was looking for a topic about it on a forum but i couldn't find one, plz help
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: How to make battle stations?

Post by vidboi »

you set the speed, acceleration and turning to zero and there: you have a station...
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

You only need to set the acceleration, though.
And if you keep the rotation, they'll spin.
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
Antifix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Antifix »

i tried, i put the speed and acc' to zero and kept the turning but it doesn't turn unless i tell it to
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

set the turning to zero as well and it will just spin

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Antifix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Antifix »

thank you ^^
alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alive916 »

Preacher wrote:set the turning to zero as well and it will just spin
No.

The main point is the direct control. Set the acc. and speed to 0 and set the direct control to "off" and the ships get spin anticlockwisely with the rotate value.(-ve value to clockwise) The turrets on this ship, maybe I named it stations, still can be controlled but it just spin and cannot move. Another importance is the stations do not get reacting force movements for its section explosion.

*. speed will become 0.01 although you set it 0

No effects if acc. and speed are not in 0 and 0.01 respectively "or" the direct control is "on". It will not spin and can be moved by reacting force.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

he didnt want direct control hence my instructions

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.