Aegis shield probs

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

thenoobiebuilder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Aegis shield probs

Post by thenoobiebuilder »

I have tried and confirmed that a ship part that is agis shielded CAN be killed!

What I used:
1 highpower highspeed repeating railgun of doom with unlimited ammo and power set to 9999 per shot

What I killed:
test dummy with two aegis shielded parts covering the core
the ship had 4500 hp
I am a fan of the "Push F to fire everything" idea.

I really don't know why I'm thinking these thoughts,
but I do know they aren't mine...
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Aegis shield probs

Post by Chiiro »

Good job, you've figured something out that's been common knowledge for years.
An Aegis moudle heals the target section to full health at every frame. This means if you damage the section more than it has HP in one single frame, it'll break.
Last edited by Chiiro on Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

thenoobiebuilder wrote:I have tried and confirmed that a ship part that is agis shielded CAN be killed!

What I used:
1 highpower highspeed repeating railgun of doom with unlimited ammo and power set to 9999 per shot

What I killed:
test dummy with two aegis shielded parts covering the core
the ship had 4500 hp
What made you think this is even news? As it is, this is probably due to the high speed of the railgun. Normally a railgun shot dissipates harmlessly if it hits an aegis section that has more health than the railgun does in damage, but if the projectile is moving fast enough it can skip over the aegised section and hit the core directly.

How does this thread belong in the Shipmaking Info And Resources board? Lurk more instead of assuming incorrectly that you're this amazing genius that somehow discovers things that no one else has, even though some of us have been playing the game for in excess of three years. And learn where the correct places to post your inane babble is. This thread would have been more suited to the General Discussion Board.

I'm starting to get irritated with noobs who can't even be bothered to lurk, read the boards and follow the rules, and just assume they should post any random nonsense in any thread or board they feel like.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

I agree is it really that hard to read shit I know I have been guilty of asking a few inane questions but that is only when I can't find something or I don't understand the posted explanation. In almost every newbie post there is an explanation of what to do even if you read one newb post and take advice from it before posting you will avoid the ultimate fails of many first timers (myself included). Is it that hard to comprehend?

Sorry for the rant but this really grinds my gears.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

thenoobiebuilder wrote:test dummy with two aegis shielded parts covering the core
As we can see, you didn't actually kill the aegis, and as far as I know railguns pass through aegis anyway. So no news there.

Maybe this guy saw this as amazing shipbuilding info!
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Railguns don't go through aegis the last time I checked. They don't go through normal deflectors either.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Corporal Jomn wrote:Railguns don't go through aegis the last time I checked. They don't go through normal deflectors either.
It depends a little on how fast they move and how long they are, IIRC. Sometimes bullets skip some sections.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

There was a bug that meant they used to pass through aegis'd sections (having them as a counter was nice) but that was fixed eventually.

I think it's possible for AoE weapons to inflict damage to sections behind the aegis if the radius is large enough, but otherwise, yeah... everything I could say has already been said.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
thenoobiebuilder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by thenoobiebuilder »

Ok I was a little excited :oops:
Anyway I always thought aegis shields set the health to unlimited so the fact I could kill one was to me startling news

Sorry for my outburst of noobieness normally I'm not as noobie at all
(I am a little awed at everyone elses awesomeness though)
I am a fan of the "Push F to fire everything" idea.

I really don't know why I'm thinking these thoughts,
but I do know they aren't mine...
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

thenoobiebuilder wrote:Ok I was a little excited :oops:
Anyway I always thought aegis shields set the health to unlimited so the fact I could kill one was to me startling news

Sorry for my outburst of noobieness normally I'm not as noobie at all
(I am a little awed at everyone elses awesomeness though)
Your name tells us otherwise.

Your eloquence in written language enforces it.

Your recent behaviour confirms it.

You should take some time and dig into the stickied threads and some other posts to catch up on the most up-to-date techniques and methods, that way you won't do this again.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.