Issues with ship AI

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Issues with ship AI

Post by dyoano »

Hey guys,

In Shipmaker, whenever I set a ship's AI to "broadside", it never seems to translate to the game itself. When i control that ship myself, it starts out with broadside AI, which is fine, but whenever the ship is AI controlled it always seems to revert to "normal" AI and attack me head-on, despite every attempt of mine to change it in ship maker. does anybody know a fix to this?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

It can't be fixed. AI glitch.
I think it only works on one of the two (either allied or enemy, I forget which).
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

Enemy. For me, at least, in ally AI it doesn't work.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

it is possible to get it to work with player controlled ships if you tell the ship to attack again when it is closer to the target.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Rugdumph wrote:it is possible to get it to work with player controlled ships if you tell the ship to attack again when it is closer to the target.
He already said he's having no issues with it under player control. :?

As Droid says, it's a bit wobbly. However, it is possible for it to work for AIs - it is just incredibly, incredibly finicky.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Setting maxrange to the sandbox height (in the sandbox, obviously) helps but otherwise not much you can do.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
GATC
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by GATC »

I have seen that, if the ship destroy a target, to attack the next one, it pass in broadside.
Beware! I have a Pinkie Pie launcher!
(When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.)