Charging weapon system problem

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Charging weapon system problem

Post by Blue-Rex »

Ok, I've been working on my fleet over spring break, and I came up with a capital killer in a corvette body. What I wanted was a weapon that after acquiring target, charged ( separate sections fade in, then condense), then fired. I wanted it to look like a particle accelerator system where the energy is gathered into a massive ball, then condensed just before firing. I've worked on it for a while and what I got worked twice, but then would fire before charging.

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ctwc23j2jnw/Rivet mk1 files.rar

This is the ship, and the weapons system, since I'm horrible at explaining how I got it to work. If somebody could show me how to fix it, that would be great. I really have no idea why it doesn't work.
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Your entire system is initiated when the weapon acquires target, but there is nothing stopping it from firing on its own without regard to Force Fire commands from one of the two effect sections.

You need one more gun (a missile) that acts as a detector and to initiate the whole process. Then have the gun become the very last step.

I have modified your process to include the new weapon that acts as the tracer. I have also moved control of the fire rate to this weapon rather than having it being decided by the two effect sections. The Main Photon Cannon now is linked to the new weapon and fires 30 frames after the main weapon detects a target. The section animations are also linked to the Photon Cannon, and re initiate after a certain delay just in time for the main weapon reload to finish cycling.

What is left for you to do is to play around with the timing to get the sequence duration you would like. The entire cycle is based on a 600 frame duration, 300 frames of the beam firing and 300 frames of downtown. The reload for the detector and the beam weapon is 600 frames, the duration of the beam weapon is 300 frames.

Please note that triggers only start working after the first fire.
The 30 frame delay for the main cannon may not be necessary, but it's just a way for me to confirm when the signal is being passed.

http://individual.utoronto.ca/Squishy/RivetMK1alt.rar
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

Thanks a lot man. I thought that was what I was supposed to do, but I'm not good enough with all this yet to know for sure. Now I can focus on the rest of the fleet I have designed and get some ships out. Thanks again Squishy!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss