Problem with Custom Glow Effect

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Problem with Custom Glow Effect

Post by vidboi »

I recently applyed custom glow effect to a section, changing only the colour of the glow. However, when i loaded the ship into sandbox the placement of the glow moves backwards and forwards rather than remaining in a single place. If you could find any solutions to this i would be pleased, nothing i know of has any effect. The sprite is 80x80pxls by the way, so no problems there.
Areze
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Areze »

Does the glow count as a section? If so or if not and it doesn't make a difference, go under 'ED2' and see if the moving property is enabled if it is, turn it off.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Areze wrote:Does the glow count as a section? If so or if not and it doesn't make a difference, go under 'ED2' and see if the moving property is enabled if it is, turn it off.
That would be important - if it were relevant to glow, which is an effect. The Secondary Edit tab has fields relating only to a section's movement and rotation behaviours.

The Moving field in this case, however, pertains to section movement and whether or not that section moves of it's own accord, rather than having On and Off triggers.

Unfortunately, for the matter of the glow, there is nothing you can do. It is something to do with the way it is drawn. Personally I prefer to have it off completely. Rather glaring and ugly on non-BSF-style ships, if you ask me.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

hmmm... i was using it to try and get some ambient glow out of a part of the ship, how else do you think i could do that?