About That Electricity

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

About That Electricity

Post by Blue-Rex »

Ok, I've gotten back into building some ships, but I'm trying to think of the best way to make an electric bolt arc from one piece to another, I suck at making GIF's and all I have is the bolt doodads. Does anyone happen to have an electric arc GIF that I could borrow. This may not be the right place to ask, but I couldn't figure out where to ask. If anybody could help me, it'd be appreciated. If needed, I'll send a pic of where I need the piece to arc, but I was just wondering. Thanks in advance.
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Hmm, I read it as he had the doodads but he wanted one that follows a curved trajectory, not a straight one like the Fraxy FX bolts.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Use the fraxy bolt and just have little lightning rods jutting out to form a curve. We can't always have things exactly how we want, especially us poor spriters.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Hmm, I read it as he had the doodads but he wanted one that follows a curved trajectory, not a straight one like the Fraxy FX bolts.
Ah, well... if you wanted something that's suspended between two poles and 'climbs' from top to bottom, then you're probably buggered, to put it bluntly. Ain't gonna happen unless you make it yourself.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It might involve careful timing and trying to use the start index to get the same effect, but I'm not sure if that would work.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Adding blank frames to the fraxy sprite wouldn't be too hard, and then you would just need timing.
Blue-Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Blue-Rex »

I say yes to the fact that I have those doodads, I was just wondering if someone already made an arc sprite. The ships don't need it, but it would make it look way cooler if they did. I do not have the skill nor the time to make it from scratch, so I'll just have to do without. I just wanted to know just to save myself some time. Thanks for the replies everybody, hopefully I can get back into the groove and make some nice enough ships to post here. Thanks again.
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss