What does the flare gun do

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Krynvelhat
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Krynvelhat »

Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

it makes anybullet that is closest to it collide with it even missles will be attracted to the glowy light of the Flare gun but in the Meta-game it acts as a secondary beacon i would guess... :?
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

The flaregun distracts particle guns, flak guns, PD rockets and interceptor beams, not missiles.

It basically ties up defense weaponry so that other guns can lay the smack down on enemy ships without being destroyed by the defenses.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Dat Viymese wrote:it makes anybullet that is closest to it collide with it even missles will be attracted to the glowy light of the Flare gun but in the Meta-game it acts as a secondary beacon i would guess... :?
Wrong and wrong.

As Squishy said, the current function of the flare gun is to distract PD weapons.

Unfortunately my attempts to make missiles chase it have been largely unsuccessful. They simply refuse to change target to chase the flare.

The flare gun does not exist in the meta right now.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ