Trigger question

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Trigger question

Post by Raul »

I'm trying to make a proper flak field, one that doesn't just fire at incoming projectiles but makes an actual bsg style field. Problem is they lock on too slow to block initial shots and stop firing too quickly to block the next rounds.

What I want to do is use triggers with a weapon with longer range, set to activate when enemies come into range, so there will be a continuous flack field. I've read through the manual and other documentation so hopefully I have the settings right, but it still isn't working. i think i heard at some point that point defense weaposn don't work for triggers and linking, is that right? If not, can anyone suggest the proper setup to get what I want?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I'm not sure about defensive weapons but you could substitute them for auto-cannons with different sprites and weapon sprites changed, just set sub-munitions to 0 unless you want them too.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

You're correct Raul, triggers only affect the offense projectiles of PD guns.

I've tried time and time again to have triggers influence or be influenced by PD weapons, but I have yet to witness any results.