Sandbox problems

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Primehunter74
Ensign
Ensign

Sandbox problems

Post by Primehunter74 »

Hi everyone, I'm new to BSF, and I have a problem:

For some reason, when I'm in sandbox mode I can't bring in my custom ships. I was able to do it once, but now it won't change my cursor to when you are going to place a ship in space.

Also, when bringing a normal ship into sandbox, I can't type any numbers. When it says 1-20, I can hit all the keys I want but no numbers appear in the text bar.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I haven't encountered this problem before, but the game is a bit buggy at times. Try un/re-installing and see if that works. It tends to fix things a lot of the time.
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

When you go into sandbox using the save and launch command from the ship creator you have to click the "ok" button on the notice that reads "Launching Battleships Forever"..(the notice that is shown in the creator.)

Try that, it tends to help with the number pressing problem in sandbox.

-J
Jinxicus
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jinxicus »

Also there is often little hiccups within the creator so make sure to save your ship under two names and often. When you run in to anything strange quit out of the creator and re-launch. I have lost a lot of work stumbling through some of these "hiccups"...

not fun.

-J