Someone help me with my trigger problems

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Gunzershreck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Someone help me with my trigger problems

Post by Gunzershreck »

Ok im trying to do this there is this section in a socket and theres a gun on the section (the gun does not shoot) i need it so it will activate when the section comes out of the socket and Disable when it goes back in the socket . I tryed for 2 hours and still havnt got it working HALP ME.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Someone help me with my trigger problems

Post by Imaillusion »

Gunzershreck wrote:Ok im trying to do this there is this section in a socket and theres a gun on the section (the gun does not shoot) i need it so it will activate when the section comes out of the socket and Disable when it goes back in the socket . I tryed for 2 hours and still havnt got it working HALP ME.
...It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you post a screenshot of what you are trying to create, because I do not understand what you are trying to make, and I doubt anyone else does.
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

It makes perfect sense, though socket might be a poor choice of words. Theres plenty of threads and at least one sticky on how to do this, though you might need to read a few different ones for it to make sense. Actually I think I've seen all of one ship successfully have a gun pop out from a 'hatch' or something and start firing, so I hope you can make it work.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Getting them to only start firing once the hatch is off (or the section moves or whatever) is easy. The problem is getting them to stop once the hatches close again.
I've personally never been able to get the enable/disable firing trigger to actually disable a weapon, so I stopped trying a while ago.
In short, unless there's a fix or workaround that I don't know of (or maybe I was just really unlucky all the times I tried it), I'm not sure it's actually possible to get it to work. Sorry.
Still, if you want to know what should work, read stickies and such, and experiment til it works, all the information you need is there if you look for it.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

What are you using to activate the socket's movement?

This is very important as whatever method you use to trigger the socket movement will also be critical to toggling the state of the weapon involved.
Gunzershreck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Gunzershreck »

What do you mean squishy Like movement / Rotation?
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

No, what are the triggers for the socket section?

Use the exact same triggers for the gun, but for the gun the trigger mode will be 'online/offline' in stead of 'move' or 'rotation' etc.

...theoretically speaking.

There is a much more efficient way to do this if you throughly explain your current method of carrying this out.
Gunzershreck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Gunzershreck »

Ok this is what i do For the section i put On trigger 1- Onactivate (.) (rotation)

Off trigger 1 - Reach cww border

off trigger 2 reach cw border

then for the gun i set the one trigger - On activate .

And i set the off trigger 2 for the section
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Gunzershreck wrote:Ok this is what i do For the section i put On trigger 1- Onactivate (.) (rotation)

Off trigger 1 - Reach cww border

off trigger 2 reach cw border

then for the gun i set the one trigger - On activate .

And i set the off trigger 2 for the section

Off triggers 1 & 2 for the section should be 'Reach CWW Border (Self)' and 'Reach CW Border (Self)'. The 'Self' part is important as it denotes the source of the signal.

For the gun, set On Trigger 1 = Reach CWW Border. With this gun still selected, right click on the section and connect On Trigger 1 to it. An arrow will be formed between them.

Then set Off Trigger 2 = Reach CW Border also connect Off Trigger 2 to the section.

Your gun's Off and On state is synchronized with the section. You only need to trigger the section to move between its two border states.
Gunzershreck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Gunzershreck »

Thanks Dam that took a while Well i got it :o thanks alot.