Question about debris, wepons and special abilities

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ryen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Question about debris, wepons and special abilities

Post by Ryen »

Hello everyone!
It's frist time I'm posting here.
I have some question about ship making.

1.When debris hit a ship, what's the damage of those debris depens on? Speed, size, or anything else?

2.In the topic of "Weapons and Modules Guide" said that: "(Shock beamer) Increasing the damage increases the width of the beam." But on my ship, no matter how much damage I've set on the shock beamer, it still comes a very large beam (And deathly). So is anyone have the detial information of the shock beamer?

3.I found an interesting things in SandBox mode when I was testing my ship. The original ship No.7 can automaticly repair it's two tail section without any module's help. Is it possible to make a section like that in ShipMaker or just because No.7 is special?

4.Can I make a section/module/turret like a ghost that let every thing pass through but still working until destroy it's parent?

I'll apology for my bad English if I make any mistake on my speaking. :oops:
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Question about debris, wepons and special abilities

Post by Arcalane »

Ryen wrote:Hello everyone!
It's frist time I'm posting here.
I have some question about ship making.

1.When debris hit a ship, what's the damage of those debris depens on? Speed, size, or anything else?
Health of the debris and the time it remains in contact with a section.
Ryen wrote:2.In the topic of "Weapons and Modules Guide" said that: "(Shock beamer) Increasing the damage increases the width of the beam." But on my ship, no matter how much damage I've set on the shock beamer, it still comes a very large beam (And deathly). So is anyone have the detial information of the shock beamer?
It's finicky. I used to have this a lot as well but recently they seem to be behaving themselves, so I have no idea what to suggest.
Ryen wrote:3.I found an interesting things in SandBox mode when I was testing my ship. The original ship No.7 can automaticly repair it's two tail section without any module's help. Is it possible to make a section like that in ShipMaker or just because No.7 is special?
All ships have an automatic low-level repair for any sections that are below 50% health. Once the sections are restored to 50%, however, they are repaired no further.
Ryen wrote:4.Can I make a section/module/turret like a ghost that let every thing pass through but still working until destroy it's parent?
In short, no.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

1. When you say time in contact with the ship, why does a piece of debris flying reeeaaally quick damage a section like hell. I encountered a glitch where when I self-destructed a ship (about the size of a hestia) the debris flew forwards ridiculously quickly and if I self-destucted it in front of a leviathan, even though they were touching for about less than a millisecond the leviathan was destroyed (It was pretty cool too).

2. This is obviously to make the overcharge feature more realistic. I think there is a maximum size.

3. Exactly what Arc said, I think. I haven't seen this much.

4. Ships can pass over everything, unless you mean debris. In that case, no.
Ryen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ryen »

god froggy wrote: 1. When you say time in contact with the ship, why does a piece of debris flying reeeaaally quick damage a section like hell.
Well, I made a hight speed ship with kamikze ai and named it "Cruise missile"
Arcalane wrote: It's finicky. I used to have this a lot as well but recently they seem to be behaving themselves, so I have no idea what to suggest.
Er... I didn't mean that. The guide really helps me a lot.
Any way, thanks for answering me.