i can't get the ship deployer to work?

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

i can't get the ship deployer to work?

Post by hazelwooder »

i click ship file name and put the ship i want it to deploy, but when i click off of it and click back on the ship deployer module ship file name is blank - also doesn't spawn anything in game :/

i have version 0.90d

what i do step by step

* click on the section i want to put the ship deployer on
* add a ship deployer to it
* click on the ship deployer and go to edit
* click ship file name - find the ship i want it to spawn and click 'open'
* the ship is in the ship file name box
* when i click off of the ship deployer and click back on it the ship file name is blank again
Last edited by hazelwooder on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

I've had problems with this before but since I downloaded the newest version it's been fine. Can you give more details of this
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

updated exactly what i do.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

This is yet another saving issue with the current version of SM.

Once you've set the target ship in the Ship Deployer module, do not touch the ship deployer module again to prevent it from erasing the target ship.

You will be also forced to redo the setting when you load the sb4, because the ship deployer module targets will be blanked on loading.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Squishy wrote:This is yet another saving issue with the current version of SM.

Once you've set the target ship in the Ship Deployer module, do not touch the ship deployer module again to prevent it from erasing the target ship.

You will be also forced to redo the setting when you load the sb4, because the ship deployer module targets will be blanked on loading.
lol does that mean i can't create 2 ship deploying modules?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

No, you can make two, but you will have to reenter the ship you want spawned each time you load the file.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Sorry, I was referring to each deployer module individually.

You can create as many as you can handle, just make sure you're satisfied with their stats and position so you don't have enter the data again when you select them.

I would recommend adding them to the design as the last parts, cause sometimes I find myself having to move deployers somewhere else and that clears out the ship data module, and having to open the sb4 file for subsequent minors revisions to other parts of the ship can be done without having to worry about redoing the whole bunch of them.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Oh really? That never happens with me, they work perfectly fine but I haven't used them on a ship for ages.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?