Disabling/Enabling Weapon Triggers.

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Disabling/Enabling Weapon Triggers.

Post by LactoseTolerant »

I'm currently experimenting with a "bulwark" type ship that can take a considerable beating and protect it's own weapons. As for the weapons, i've made some "casings" for them. However, i've tried many trigger combinations to no avail. What i've been trying to do is have a trigger open up the "casings" and the weapons underneath switch on, and have another trigger close down the "casings" and deactivate the weapons. So far, I can only activate the weapons, but not deactivate.

Any suggestions?
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Could you upload the sb4 so we can see how you've got your triggers setup?
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/NP-10.rar

The turrets are underneath the circular sections.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Weird. After trying a few things, I've gotten one to work properly. Next step is to get it working properly with the turret.

I needed to add an egg timer and 2-position switch in order for it to work properly. Your system had it such that you could enable/disable the actual weapons while the covers were moving. This could allow a weapon to be enabled with the covers closed or disabled with them open. My system fixes that.

Once I've got it working with the turret, I'll upload the finished sb4.

EDIT: had some problems with the turrets not working even after fixing the triggers. I found out that the turrets weren't setup right - something wrong with the parenting. I got one to work flawlessly after completely disassembling it and redoing the parenting. I have to do the same for the other three. Problem is, I forgot what I did exactly...