can't stop the trigger

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jai
Ensign
Ensign

can't stop the trigger

Post by jai »

well...i used the guid mako did for the arc thingy for the railgun
and it works
the problem is..
it won't stop working
i mean that the railgun fired and killed it
ok
and now it has to stop,right?
no
parts are not stoping
and...well that is just stupid now that the gun has no target
any help would be just great

-and yes,i followed the guide just as it says,i hope-
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Do you have "Trigger on action 1: Weapons Fire"? If you have "acquired target" or something instead I've experienced that it won't stop working.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

You need a trigger off action as well.

For starters, try 'On timer' and set the delay frames to match the fire rate of your weapon, then work from there to tweak it to perfection.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
jai
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jai »

well allready figured out a practical solution with the fram time
just wanted to check if there's another way to make it stop
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Problem with triggering on when a weapon has gained a target is that it can only reasonably be stopped after a limited time or after the weapon has lost target. The former is a problem, because it means you shoot x number of times, which may be too few to kill the target, or it may be too many, and you've wasted time and effort. The latter is a problem, because a weapon could gain and lose targets with just a single frame apart, which could be mid-animation.

Instead, create a weapon of the appropriate range and fire rate, set burst size to 0, then set the trigger to start the process on weapon fire. Have it terminate after a single firing sequence, however long that takes (time it). Make sure your dummy weapon's refire rate is at least 1 frame longer than that. I'd recommend adding a few extra just to be safe. The process should trigger again the next time your dummy weapon fires.