Can't save ships (O_o)

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TacticianMark
Ensign
Ensign

Can't save ships (O_o)

Post by TacticianMark »

I'm not sure why, but all my shipmaker does when I tell it to save my current project is simmer a little bit and nothing else. Please tell me if there's any way to correct this (I just spent quite awhile working on this ship) or an alternate way of saving the ship.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak."
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/TacticianMark/SamusSignature.gif[/img]
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Are you using Vista? Is UAC on? If so, either turn UAC off or run SM with a Right Click > Run as administrator and see if that works.
TacticianMark
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TacticianMark »

I'm so sorry, I should've mentioned my system specs earlier:
Windows XP SP 3
512 RAM
Pentium III
Nvidia GeForce 5200

(yes I know, it's ancient, isn't it)
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak."
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/TacticianMark/SamusSignature.gif[/img]
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

In that case, I've got no idea. As far as I know, there's nothing about what you posted that clashes with BSF. The issue is, therefore, something you haven't posted. The standard procedure would be to uninstall and reinstall the whole game. The installer seems to bugger up from time to time.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Have you tried the shortcuts? Or launching the game since that automatically saves it? Do you have anything running in the background? I've had some programs interfere with bsf...
TacticianMark
Ensign
Ensign

Post by TacticianMark »

I've tried the shortcuts and launching the game. Again, all it did was flicker a bit and nothing more. As for background programs, I have the typical security + firewall.

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT:
In the end though, it turns out that what prevented me from saving the ship was a colon [ : ] in the ship's name. >_> Kinda odd, I remember the older version allowed to you save with a colon character in the ship's name, just not the save file. I guess we really do learn from our own mistakes, eh? lol.

Thanks for your help though; I really appreciate it ^_^